Search results

1. Bassist58

Transfer switch for 12v emergency lighting?

I agree totally. I am scrapping the idea of automatically turning the system on when the power goes out. I am now looking into using LED strips (16' lengths chopped up and distributed throughout my house, more like mood lighting), still powered by a 12V battery (solar charged), but using a...
  2. Bassist58

Okay, now you've confused me. But I have yet to do research on relays. Sounds like you are saying that the relay will drain my 12V battery. And I think a light/dark sensor would just keep me up at night. I'll be back next week with more questions after I do more research. Thanks, Brian
  3. Bassist58

Thanks muchly, hj. This was what I wanted to know about, originally. While the above products will suffice until I actually start my project, the project itself is something that I've been wanting to do just because I thought it would be cool to do, but mostly to learn. Now, on to learn about...
  4. Bassist58

A friend of mine just told me about this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-Power-Failure-3-in-1-Light/11080456
  5. Bassist58

jwelectric Thank you so much for the quick response! Looks like a great product, except for the wiring into a box thing. Actually, the L-1-Plug http://www.lightworld.com/products/L-1-Plug.html (link on the page you gave me) is more my speed. Much less work and cheaper than my original idea...
  6. Bassist58

My project is merely in the thought processes right now. I want to make an emergency lighting system in case my power goes out. I'm thinking of using a 12v deep-cycle marine battery charged by a solar panel (or small wind generator) to light a string of LED's inside my house. Is there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks