Search results

1. annelisemcl

Burnham Alpine ALP210 High Limit Reset Sensor Error, Main Board problem?

Did you ever get a fix to this problem? I am having the same issue on my Alpin 150 modcom & even with a new kit installed, it is still faulting open. Rep & tech suggestion is replacing the board at over $600 but I don't want to do that if it is not necessary. Mage182, what problem with piping...
  2. annelisemcl

Burnham Alpine 150 ModCon likely oversized and not working at highest efficiency

So last night it was 19F here and the only person who said they were cold was my teen daughter sleeping under a lightweight quilt (and she just pulled on another blanket). I did hear the boiler cycling on during the night, maybe 1x an hour but the house felt comfortable. We did have the wood...
  3. annelisemcl

Burnham Alpine 150 ModCon likely oversized and not working at highest efficiency

Thanks, Rob for the reply and information. I'll look into those items you mentioned. I also forgot to mention, that I am asking my propane supplier to give me my past years fuel usage so I can guesstimate the propane being used pre and post resetting my max temp set rate from 186f to 130f. I...
  4. annelisemcl

So, tech was here and replaced the igniter switch and flame sensor and the high limit kit and cleaned the boiler. An outdoor reset has not been installed yet. My boiler is still showing an ope fault for the "auto reset high limit contact" and he is getting pricing to replace the entire...
  5. annelisemcl

So, in advance of the rep returning to fix the fault that is causing my boiler to need a manual re-set or installing an outdoor reset, I started adjusting the temperature down in an attempt to have it run more efficiently as a condensing modulating boiler. I first reset my thermostat to not...
  6. annelisemcl

Thanks, Dana! The tech was here today to first address the boiler's fault code issue. The US boiler rep thought it might by the control board (of course 7yr old so 2 years out of warranty) BUT suggested changing the high temp sensor first as that is a cheaper fix than a new board. I suggested...
  7. annelisemcl

Thanks so much, Mage182! I am handy when I am able to watch a pro video or live technician so I know what to do in the future. I appreciate all your suggestions. If my math is correct per Dana's response (but who knows because my garbage mistake equates to "garbage in, garbage out") it seems...
  8. annelisemcl

SO, don't assume:oops: So, yeah the 155 was the total linear feet. I just googled search for my 9 inch tall cast iron baseboard and each linear foot is an equivalent 3.4 EDR so multiplying 155 x 3.4 gives me 527 sf EDR. So plugging the correct number into your math gives me a 56 btu per sqft...
  9. annelisemcl

Dana, Thank you for replying. I was secretly hoping you would. I spoke with the local tech and I feel a bit better knowing he has a buderus modcon in his home and said we can definitely work to tweak our Alpine to attempt to get it into the max efficiency range if possible. Now to the task...
  10. annelisemcl

Let's start with me as the homeowner admitting I did everything wrong on this install 7 years ago. Back story: in 2010 bought a slab ranch house in SE PA (think suburb between Philly & Wilmington De) 3 bedroom, 2 bath at about 2100 sqft with cast iron baseboard heat all on 1 zone with separate...
  11. annelisemcl

Indirect tank off propane modcom boiler OR Independent Electric Water Heater

Hello all! Please help me make the efficient choice. Here are the stats: - Alpine mod con Propane boiler 150,000 95% AFU installed 2011 - Suburban Philadelphia temp zone - ranch home slab on grade with an internal mechanics room concrete slab containing the boiler, current 80 gal WH, &...
  12. annelisemcl

Question regarding installation best products & pricing on an indirect Brunham Alpin propane boiler

So, in further research I have decided to NOT go with an indirect set-up because I have a propane boiler (if I had natural gas it would be a no brainer for the indirect). Propane cost for me now is $2.47 gallon. I only run my boiler at most 6 months out of the year, which means those other 6...
  13. annelisemcl

Question regarding installation best products & pricing on an indirect Brunham Alpin propane boiler

OR...in PA does it NOT make an energy-conscience choice to go to an indirect water heater when an electric independent DHW tank is very efficient.? (Forgot to mention my home is a ranch, with most copper plumbing pipes running under the floor in the slab from an interior mechanical room that...
  14. annelisemcl

Hello all & thanks for any suggestions. Our 16yr old 80 gallon electric BW independent DHW tank has a slow leak and requires replacement. I have been researching and am considering having installed an indirect DHW tank to my Burnham Alpine propane boiler ALP150W-2L02 installed in 2011 for our...
  15. annelisemcl

Electric Heating for a new bathroom addition 8feet by 5feet

Thanks, Dana! The fantech FG 4 was ordered and arrived the next day. I passed on your recommendations to my GC for the split system. I am now sourcing pricing on the cove heater and the designated wire has been rerouted from the floor for a baseboard heater to the ceiling for a cove. Things...
  16. annelisemcl

Thanks, Dana, again. I'll take your advice here on the cove heater at 600W or below tied to an occupancy sensor and your other threads advice on the mini-split (I ordered a Fantech inline FG fan today). I really appreciate your knowledge, expertise, and help. Thank you. Keep your eyes open...
  17. annelisemcl

Complimentary heat pulling from woodstove by fan; Broan vs Fantech vs Panasonic

OMG! Thanks for "the wag", Dana. My head is spinning from all your information and I will have to read it about 10 times to even remotely understand it BUT this way I am at least assured that I won't oversize our split unit and the idea to raise the compressor is brilliant because with my...
  18. annelisemcl

Thanks Dana & LLigetfa. The room is 19feet by 17feet with vaulted ceilings about 13 feet on center down to 8 feet exterior wall. 2 Exterior walls with a sliding glass door 6-0ft, by 6-8 ft .20 U-value, a casement window 2-4 by 3-6ft .20 U-Value, awning window 3-0 by 2-4ft .20 U-value and a...
  19. annelisemcl

Dana, Thanks so much for your reply. I was hoping you would with all the past expert advice you have given. The SIPs wall panels are R-23 and the ceiling panels are R-38- no attic it has a vaulted ceiling. The floor will be porcelain tile over ditra membrane over concrete skim that is over 1...
  20. annelisemcl

Hello all & thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have a wood-burning woodstock soapstone stove that I am looking to pull at ceiling height heat into a nearby room when in operation in the cooler months. Essentially this will consist of a wall grated opening, insulated ductwork, some type...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks