Search results

1. RustyNailfhk

Clogged spirovent

System was installed in 2004. I believe the ONIX is of the radiant heat type with aluminum shield. The plumber / installer said it was designed for this purpose and system was designed by a heating engineer. I will verify the markings on the tubing to confirm. My lab results came back...
  2. RustyNailfhk

Clogged spirovent

Today I dropped off the sludge and some of the "dirty" water to a forensic chemistry lab to see what's in it. They will be looking for iron, copper, epdm rubber, components of stainless steel. We'll see. Next time I am at the house I will shut off the boiler fill valve. The system should...
  3. RustyNailfhk

Clogged spirovent

Jim, thank you. Yes the system has an auto fill, but if it were leaking - I would see the water somewhere in the house except for the basement radiant heat. I typically shut the domestic water off to the house when we leave - it's a weekend home. I will check the pressure on the system when I...
  4. RustyNailfhk

Clogged spirovent

System: closed hydronic system with Buderus oil fired cast iron boiler and Buderus 50+ gal indirect hot water tank with cathodic protection (electric) Age: Installed new 2004 Problem: No boiler water flowing through the 1 1/2" copper manifold. Description of System: Manifold feeds 4...
  5. RustyNailfhk

Grohe 34436 - replace stop valve or the whole thing?

Grohe 34-436 BangOr - I don't see why it couldn't be replaced from the back side. Are you sure you want the same valve? Seems like a lot of trouble. I too, have the 34-436 and it's leaking. I replaced the stops 10 or so years ago and the thermostatic valve is tempormental. It's damage...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks