Search results

1. ZE496

Condensation on copper pipes.

It's an addition where that bath is plumbed, so sort of a separate (spooky) crawl I'm beginning to clear of misc junk. Just checked that 1/2 bath I have rarely occasioned since closing on the house. Closed the shutoff, still can hear a slight water flow. Open the shutoff nothing really changes...
  2. ZE496

Thanks Terry. There is a half bath at the far end of the line(s). I shut the toilet off, but do suspect the valve might have a slow leak and needs replacing. What is your opinion on the foam insulation?.I am possibly considering to replace copper with pex at some point. But I am currently...
  3. ZE496

Greetings. Just bought a place built in '47, out in the sticks. There's a lot to be done, but I love it. There's a partial basement, concrete floor & block walls. One side is open to an approx. 2' high red dirt crawlspace. Well water. The 3/4 supply copper pipe is condensating something...
  4. ZE496

Split pipe in a tight spot

On the other side of the wall is under the sink. Only wallboard/plaster. All and any wood is well out of range. In the past when I sweated copper one thing I used was an old (metal) license plate from the garage.
  5. ZE496

Yes, I used one of those slip type couplings when I installed a new fixture in the bathroom. But that was only, what, 1" or 3/4" pipe, I forget. Spray retardant sounds like a good idea also, although if I sweated new copper in i'd be really close to those studs, and retardant will probably be...
  6. ZE496

I wouldn't necessarily say I was comfortable sweating pipe, but i've done a couple of small projects around the house. The work wouldn't win any beauty awards, but no leaks, and it's held. I do get a bit nervous with flames around studs, and the like. Yes, the pipe on the left Ts off the a...
  7. ZE496

Thanks Terry. So would this be a suitable/possible plan?.... About 2" out from the T coupling, cut the pipe. The 2" leaves room to attach the shielded coupling i'll use later. From inside of the house, through the wall, elbow, through the studs, and into the shielded coupling I replace all...
  8. ZE496

I have a kitchen drain pipe that has a split in it. I took some siding off the exterior so the plumbing would be easier to access. As you can see, the pipe runs through a hole in a set of 4 studs. The split in the pipe is right at the elbow and down to almost where it enters the set of 4 studs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks