Search results

1. clapfc

Structo lite for base of whirlpool

OK, big box store tried to sell me quick-set cement mix (the green bag) to use on floor of drop-in deck to stabilize the whirlpool. Just did not sound right so I asked a contractor I know and he recommended structo-lite. Am I ok with the structo-lite? Once down I will cover with the polymer &...
  2. clapfc

PEX in shower & whirlpool

In my long & slow bathroom project I decided I do not have the skill to solder copper (I tried & tried) so I defaulted to PEX. Sharkbite adopter from 1/2 copper to 3/4 PEX and then transition to 1/2 PEX up to shower diverters and whirlpool (still not installed). I used copper rings to crimp the...
  3. clapfc

Drop-in surround

OK, quick and easy question ( I hope). Building surround for drop -in whirlpool, walls up. Soon to attach the 3/4 plywood & 1/2 cement board on top. Question to those more experienced: Should I use the 1/2 cement board or use 1/2 hardie backer? Is there really much of a difference?
  4. clapfc

Drop in frame for whirlpool

OK, this is my first drop in frame. Water damaged sub-floor repaired, joists reinforced with blocking, even put sound proof insulation down. Now I have a question on the correct height for the drop-in tub. Here it goes. Height of the tub deck is 19", lip edge is 2" so the...
  5. clapfc

Drop in frame for whirlpool

OK, this is my first drop in frame. Water damaged sub-floor repaired, joists reinforced with blocking, even put sound proof insulation down. Now I have a question on the correct height for the drop-in tub. Here it goes. Height of the tub deck is 19", lip edge is 2" so the height from the...
  6. clapfc

shower to tub drain issue ( 1 1/2 to 2 p-trap)

I hope this is an easy one. I am remodeling my bathroom & switching the shower to a tub and the tub to a walk-in shower. In the shower to tub area I have a 2" drain pipe coming from the wall properly vented, I extended it by attaching more 2" PVC and a 2" P-trap. I lined up the 2" P-trap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks