Search results

1. blecrone

Kohler K-8304 shower valve - final install question

Thanks for the reply. Mine is a little different than the photo you added above. Se e picture below. The two stops on either side of the valve (brass ringed circles) are the crux of my confusion. Not sure if these are supposed to remain in the open position for the final configuration.
  2. blecrone

Kohler K-8304 shower valve - final install question

I am nearly complete with a shower remodel (shower only, no tub). I had a plumber remove the old and install a new shower valve body and cartridge. It is a Kohler model K-8304. Here is a link to the product page and instructions...
  3. blecrone

Shower arm installation for shower remodel

Thanks. Yes, definitely will be sure to take photos next time! I actually did a bit more investigating - opened up the hole around the nipple a little (the nipple is copper BTW), and it does appear it is threaded into the elbow inside the wall, not soldered as I had first though. So I should...
  4. blecrone

Shower arm installation for shower remodel

So this is my current situation. I'm remodeling a shower and had a plumber replace the shower valve as I didn't want to mess it up. When he did this he also removed the old shower head and arm and left me with what you see in the photo. I didn't think too much of it at the time and proceeded...
  5. blecrone

Shower pan waste pipe - too short?

All good! This worked well and was super easy. Thanks for the suggestion All good! This worked well and was super easy. Thanks for the suggestion, and everyone else for their input.
  6. blecrone

I believe the run is a couple of feet long to a wye, so that seems plausible. As far as being out of plumb, well it's already out of plumb a bit the other direction so this should help bring it back closer to plumb. I think I will give this a shot as it doesn't appear there is any harm to be...
  7. blecrone

Hmm, this has promise. It shouldn't be a problem to lift the pan, and I should be able to get a shim in under the trap. It would only need to come up about 3/4 inch. But wouldn't this put stress on the pipes, or is that not really enough to worry about?
  8. blecrone

No the lettering is facing up, I made sure of that, you just can't see it in the photo. I appreciate all the questions to make sure I installed it correctly, believe me I went over it a thousand times ☺. Bottom line is , is this something that can be lived with, or is there enough of a risk of...
  9. blecrone

It could have but the trap was pretty much resting on the joist below so it couldn't have gone more than about on eighth of an inch.
  10. blecrone

Yes the seal should ideally go down farther but as I said it is bottomed out in the drain body as best I can tell . This particular model does not have a compression ring - just push or tap it down.
  11. blecrone

I do not have access from below, it is a second floor bathroom. I would have to take the pan back out, remove the subfloor again, and redo the rough in.
  12. blecrone

I am remodeling a shower at my home, installed new acrylic shower pan with Kohler K9132 drain assembly. I cut the 2" PVC waste pipe per the instructions for the shower pan which said to cut it 3/4" below the subfloor. However, after installing the pan, and fitting the rubber gasket down over the...
  13. blecrone

Joining clay to plastic on slight angle

Thanks again. Understand about the pipes fitting together so it is a smooth transition. Sounds like I might need to cut the end of the PVC on a slight angle so there is not a gap there that could catch any solids. I might go ahead and give it a try.
  14. blecrone

Thanks for the reply. Assuming it doesn't seal, what are my options?
  15. blecrone

Hello all. I am attempting to replace a broken section of clay waste pipe beneath my basement floor. I have it dug up and determined that the break is just to one side of a joint between two sections of the old clay. However, there is a slight angle at the joint. Not sure if it was built that...
  16. blecrone

Semi-recessed vessel sink - with overflow? Milforde Semi-Recessed Porcelain Sink

Sorry to strike a cord there hj. I can appreciate ones right to ramble a bit, but for the record my attitude is not what you describe. I specifically did not purchase any of the items for this bathroom project at Home Depot because their products are generally lower quality.
  17. blecrone

Semi-recessed vessel sink - with overflow? Milforde Semi-Recessed Porcelain Sink

Yeah did that - it comes right out those two holes. The drain assembly I have is a pop-up without overflow holes. I could swap this out for one with overflow holes, and try to plug the two holes in the bottom of the sink, but I think I won't bother. Trying to find the right way to get a good...
  18. blecrone

This was in fact my first thought when I unpackaged the sink, and I didn't really look at them that closely. It seems odd that they just happen to match up with the overflow channel, though.
  19. blecrone

Thanks. I think I'm not being clear enough. I understand how an overflow is supposed to work. However, in this case any water that enters the overflow won't ever reach the pop-up drain because there are two holes in the bottom of the sink where the water will exit before reaching the pop-up...
  20. blecrone

Recently purchased this vessel type sink: http://www.signaturehardware.com/product14433 It is described as having an overflow hole, which it appears to have. The overflow hole leads to a "channel" within the wall of the sink which leads down to the drain hole in the bottom of the sink. However...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks