Search results

1. DIY1

3" PVC DWV drain cleanout requirement question

Turns out I didn't need a cleanout. I thought I read in the code that a cleanout was required at every 135 degrees of bend (or something relatively small like that). But I guess that's only the case (according to the plumber who came out and helped me finish up) for very very long horizontal...
  2. DIY1

3" PVC DWV drain cleanout requirement question

I have a 2nd floor bathroom in a new addition that drains to a vertical 3" PVC drain pipe and runs down to my basement. At the basement ceiling level it goes from vertical to (1/4" drain pitch but I'll just call it horizontal) horizontal and needs to make a few twists and turns in order to get...
  3. DIY1

Small gas leak normal in water heater?

Page 26 of this document shows my gas control unit: http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/Honeywell-gas-valve-error-codes.pdf I don't really see any external places to tighten anything up. I've emailed Honeywell directly. I'll see what their opinion is.
  4. DIY1

I wouldn't say I smell gas walking by the unit, but if my nose is within 4 inches of the top of the valve the gas smell is very evident. And it's not like I only smell it right after the unit turns off: If that was the case I could see how maybe some residual gas in the line (between the valve...
  5. DIY1

The Rheem technical support person said that without a hole (supposedly where the leak is coming from) there would be a vaporlock situation when the water heater turns on. That doesn't sound right to me, either. I'm used to water heaters with a pilot light, so I'm still confused about this...
  6. DIY1

So it sounds like a small leak is ok. I just wanted someone other than Rheem to verify that. Thanks!
  7. DIY1

I just installed a new Rheem Powervent water heater (natural gas). My wife said she smelled natural gas in the basement a week later so I checked all of the lines with soap and water and didn't find anything. So I called the gas company and they came out and said that they found a ".05" leak...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks