Search results

1. Marcelo73

New water softener system awaiting installation, few questions.

Well i've programmed the valve, with hardness at 15, and capacity at 36, the brine setting is set at 12. I administered a water hardness test yesterday and results were in the area of 8 gpg, and this afternoon they are at 1 gpg. My wife brought up an interesting question, did I service the...
  2. Marcelo73

Maybe I didn't let it finish its thing The system was given to me by a friend, he was not a diy'r in fact he would call the service folks if there was ever a problem but I do have a pdf manual that was linked by dittohead, but i need to get the 45 or so pages printed to have in hand. I...
  3. Marcelo73

Ok so as I mentioned to Mr Slusser in an email, after an almost complete day of work I finished up the install of my beloved softener just after midnight last night. Excitement and deliriousness took over after install and I rushed to pour in the salt and fill brine tank with water...
  4. Marcelo73

Understood I will run and attach to main vertical copper pipe.
  5. Marcelo73

Im sorry Mr Slusser I got lost here.....Are these valves in place in case the softener every needs to be repaired or just stops working??? Below i've sketched a rough draft of the new plumbing as suggested. Any new ideas or suggestions? The wife will take the kids for the day to allow me a...
  6. Marcelo73

All duly noted, I wanted to avoid so much plumbing, but ive already spent all this dough thus far I don't want to mickey mouse anything. Thank you Mr Dittohead and Mr Slusser, suggestions much appreciated.
  7. Marcelo73

Are you serious about burying them, hahahahhahahaha.....CALL BEFORE YOU DIG!!! alot of digging for 3 tanks, but yes it would definitely keep copper costs down. Thanks for the recommendation on the valve, I will certainly do that, in fact every time I turn that thing off it feels like its about...
  8. Marcelo73

Yes I was thinking about installing a motion detection theft deterrent , hahahahhahaha. Ya unfortunately I live in an older smaller home without a utility room. As for the strapping down, the tanks and pipes will be attached accordingly using the unistrut and strut clamps DITTOHEAD referred of...
  9. Marcelo73

Hello gentlemen, im back after being in hiding for a few weeks. Well as I had initially thought 5-6 hours labor, lmao yeah right, with my 2 year old trying to help me anytime I went outside to work on this project, a 9month old little girl, some rain and oh ya and ....WORK, has now turned into...
  10. Marcelo73

Yes it is a bit out of my budget, but definetly the pro way. I may just make some adjustments and run along the exterior of the house which is stucco, wait would stucco have same alkalinity effect that concrete does? The treated wood which is copper based might be the most economical.
  11. Marcelo73

This looks like a great fix, I will look into it.
  12. Marcelo73

Exactly along the lines that I was thinking, replacing of course every couple of years as im sure even treated wood outdoor exposed would weather after time.
  13. Marcelo73

Thanks for your input on pipe along concrete, I will fix that. Ditto, thanks for info on test kit I will search for it. M
  14. Marcelo73

So today I tentatively put down all the copper piping and have a few questions(I have zero plumbing experience). At one point the copper piping will run along concrete for approximately 8" then up into tanks, and of course the return lines. NOW, does the piping need to be wrapped or do I need to...
  15. Marcelo73

From water softeners to moonshine... Love this forum! Looks like install will have to be put off as I now have been flooded with work, haven't had a day off in 8 days. I have purchased all copper fittings and salt, all I need to do is get a water hardness reading and daily water usage...
  16. Marcelo73

Ok Gary. I actually hacked the piping down below far from the inlet and outlet at the valve, so I won't have to worry about anything melting. Is there a manual available to assist me in the programming of the control valve? And finally how do I know if the tank requires resin, or should...
  17. Marcelo73

Wait I have both these fitting attached as they sit, so this is resolved and install can move forward. Now if I understand correctly, the electrical plug is a simple plug in and that's it, the ground is already on attachment. Cheers Marcelo
  18. Marcelo73

I did the cutting and have everything that was there when installed, I will post a few more photos and see if anyone sees anything that I'm perhaps missing, they say vision is first to go... Also does anyone have information on the service for these tanks. They have been stores indoors but...
  19. Marcelo73

Thank you very much for that link sir, I appreciate it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks