Search results

1. ByteMe

Is it just me? Sometimes no result posts.

It is really nice when people post the results from the advice they got from here (from anywhere actually). FYI; the two softeners I have purchased the last 2 years (2cuft SST60 fleck 5600SXT and 2.5 cuft clack WS1.25ee) have/did/are working awesome.
  2. ByteMe

Need new softener design. Take a look! NSFW

Magnesium, total 8.1 mg/L Potassium, total 1.1 mg/L Iron, total <0.01 mg/L Sodium, total 18.4 mg/L Strontium, total 0.2 mg/L Sulfur, total, by ICP 7.5 mg/L Fluoride 0.11 mg/L Hardness (gpg) 6.2 grains/gallon PH 7.5 S.U. Silica 11.4 mg/L Tot. diss. solids, estimated 210 mg/L older 2 full...
  3. ByteMe

At what iron ppm level do you change the design?

As per topic, since .01ppm of iron does not concern the experts on here, at what iron level do you increase the salt dosage and lower the inbetween regeneration times? Next, at what iron level do you figure it is cheaper to just use the softener vs a separate iron filter. If the iron filter...
  4. ByteMe

Obama made me do it!

OK, thread title is completely irrelevant. I just installed a clack ws125ee with 2.5cuft of resin in a 13"x54" vessel. This baby is nice. Will have first soft water shower tomorrow in 4 months, YAHOO! I set at 50k grains, 10gpg hardness, 6lb/cuft dosing. 5000 gallons between regens baby! Oh...
  5. ByteMe

Mixing resin

What would we get (performance wise) if me mixed equal parts of fine mesh resin with regular 8% resin?
  6. ByteMe

Want to buy a clack ws1.25

Which one of the WS1.25 model is best? I know the clack is not supposed to be sold online. IMO an unethical situation that I don't really care to debate about, and frankly I don't care that much. What I want, 2 cuft SST60 resin 12x52 resin tank (12x54???) Garnet underbedding Clack ws1.25...
  7. ByteMe

Attention Dittohead and all others!

Buying house in Eastern Ohio that has well water. need recommended test company and testing. Already failed a Coliform test and can see yellow iron. Expect I will be putting in something of a water filtering system soon with all your help!
  8. ByteMe

Over conservative salt efficiency and regeneration settings from old pros here!

I admit, the title was meant to be annoying and to get your attention. Did it work? These following links just show performance data (salt efficiency settings, water used for regeneration and regeneration time) from different manufacturers...
  9. ByteMe

I did it, ordered some POU shower filters!

http://www.aquasana.com/category.php?category_id=2 Anyone use these? Did I just waste my money?
  10. ByteMe

How A Reverse Osmosis Permeate Pump Works

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/t-reverseosmosispermeatepump.aspx Scroll down a bit to see an animation of how the PERMEATE pump works. I found it interesting.
  11. ByteMe

Water Softener RESERVE setting - a misnomer ?

Should it be called a "TRIGGER POINT" As in, when the meter calculates you have this much capacity left (RESERVE number) to soften the water. A regeneration will be done (either immediately or delayed until that night) depending on the type of meter/controller. Or is it just me? Seems to...
  12. ByteMe

Ultra filtration systems

http://goodwatercompany.com/Products/Ultra-Filtration_For_Whole-House___Drinking_Water/index.html Doesn't need to be those exact systems but systems that use the same process. Anyone have any experience with these? Good/Bad ? How long will the filter last? Typical waste water from the...
  13. ByteMe

RO unit TDS ---- and yes the question is tied to a SOFTENER

The TDS of my water ranges between 950-990 at my kitchen sink. After the RO (5 stage with permeate pump) unit under the sink I get a range of 50-55 TDS. I figure I average a rejection of 94.5%. What is the cost cost effective way to reduce this even more. Should I run the permeate water...
  14. ByteMe

Fleck 7000 Variable Brining - Awesome?

From Service manual; Meter Delayed - Variable Brining — The control regenerates on the day that the available volume of softened water drops to or below the reserve volume. Regeneration starts at the set Regeneration Time. With the variable brining option activated, the time setting for...
  15. ByteMe

Fleck 5600SXT meter control valve questions.

What water restrictions are in this valve besides the injector nozzle for the BRINE FILL and DRINE DRAW. Does the Rapid Rinse have a limiter ? Does the Backwash have a limiter ? Another thing, going by http://www.caitechnologies.com/images/PDFs/specs/SST60.pdf , the SST60 resin is...
  16. ByteMe

Gary Slusser and your webpage to determine efficiency settings idea.

http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/sizing.php That one above. And many thanks for this useful tool. Had an idea, wouldn't it get great if you had the option to select the resin type used? Or spots to type in the characteristics of the resin. As an example, the SST60 resin or a fine...
  17. ByteMe

Programming an 5600SXT for maximum effenciency

Hello all, I recently purcased and installed a softener system from OhioPureWaterCompany. There were zero problems with the order and it shipped the next business day. What I have; SKU: SKU7221 Product: Fleck 5600SXT Electronic 3/4 Inch Meter On Demand Control Valve Water Softener...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks