Search results

1. Buttonsrtoys

PEX okay for underground irrigation system?

I'm a DIYer and have a sod delivery arriving Monday for my small suburban yard (2500 S.F.). Last minute it occurred to me that a simple irrigation system with 3-4 heads would be a god send, so ideally need to get something in the ground this weekend. I'm looking at the Orbit system, which takes...
  2. Buttonsrtoys

Insulate undersized supply pipes to quiet them?

I'm remodeling and ripped out all my 1" plaster and am replacing with 1/2" gypsum board. Because of this, I'm realizing how loud my supply pipes are. In particular, when a toilet or tub fills. It's a 60 y.o. house and the pipe's are 1/2" throughout, so undersized. The the pressure and supply are...
  3. Buttonsrtoys

Is 1/2 inserted into ABS fitting OK?

I'm just finished installing my 3" drain for a new powder room. I got the pipes inserted the full 1.5" in each fitting except one pipe that was in a really cramped spot, which I only got inserted half way (3/4") into the fittings on each end. Its supported with straps and well glued. Because...
  4. Buttonsrtoys

Code clearance between ABS and recessed lighting?

I'm installing a new ABS drain and have a recessed can in the same joist bay. Is there a code requirement for how close I can be to the lighting fixture? There was some discussion in the archive to follow the lighting mfg recommendations, but its an existing light and I don't have anything on...
  5. Buttonsrtoys

Whether to caulk and scribe my vanity

I'm finishing up an install of the vanity in the pic. The vanity cabinet and sink are fastened to the wall with lags in blocking and anchor bolts in plaster so it seems quite secure. I made sure the sink was level, but after the install I noticed that the floor isn't level, so the front of the...
  6. Buttonsrtoys

Two designs of a new washroom for review

I'm adding a half-bath to on the first floor and tying into an existing sanitary line for the full bath above. Below are two designs. Design "A" runs the vent for the half-bath above the flood level of the fixtures in the full bath. Design "B" is a bit simpler on paper, but the existing riser is...
  7. Buttonsrtoys

Need feedback on sink P-trap below floor level

I'm a homeowner taking on my first DIY plumbing job. I need to move a sink about 5 feet from one wall to another. Due to cabinetry and tight spacing, there's not much space to run the arm from the P-trap back to the existing stack at the conventional elevation. I've been reading up on the code...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks