Search results

1. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

Did confirm that switch located at the top of box labeled 3 way does control outside porch light.
  2. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

Okay, I have it working but I am admittedly ignorant on the subject. I would love to increase my knowledge on the subject so if anyone can chime in it would be greatly appreciated. I had the black and blue from fan tied to the 3 blacks (hot) in ceiling. I switched the blue from there to the...
  3. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

I have it all working now! Will report back what I did soon. Kinda of get it but would like to see if someone can inform me how this is working exactly. @ Actiondave, I did tie the blue to the black hot in ceiling and black to red originally but didn't work. Maybe wasn't connected well, I'm not...
  4. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

Edit from last post. The blue from fan only has to be tied to 3 blacks tied together (hot) for light to work. The red is not hot in ceiling. I have tested this with multi meter and it's not hot. It is hot coming from box labeled dimmer to 3 way however. So I guess red from switch to ceiling...
  5. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

Okay, here is what I'm up against in this living room. I have a multimeter and all of these wires have been tested. All of these wires are hot in both switch boxes. The only thing that isn't hot in the diagram is the neutrals running to the 3 way from the ceiling box. The light in fan works...
  6. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

My apologies. I will do a better of job of describing when I go back through it. Gonna try to figure out what's what, diagram it and will scan and upload soon. Thanks for the replies.
  7. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

By the way, the wires in switch that dimmer was connected to are all hots.
  8. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

I have the light working by connecting the blue and black from fan to 3 hots (3 tied black wires in ceiling box) but dimmer isn't working. Guessing the red controls the dimmer?
  9. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

If you don't have a clue it's better to step aside and let someone that knows something answer rather than hijack. Go back to eating your grits.
  10. Steven77

Fan and Switch problem

Hi, needing some help with fan installation. I installed the fan but after installing went to turn on dimmer and now it doesn't stay on. The light will come on when I press in but goes back off. Don't know if incorrect wiring of fan might have shorted it out but no charred wires and what not in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks