Search results

1. themitch

Effluent Pump Types

Hello, What are the differences between the cast iron effluent pumps vs a 4" motor effluent pumps? Currently have a MW100-21 in a pump pit after a septic tank that is used to lift the effluent up the hill to a leach field. Whenever the time comes to replace it, is there any advantage to using...
  2. themitch

Drillers, how many feet per day?

Late reply. Work in Northeast PA on the drilling rigs in the Marcellus. Air drilling the top holes is what almost everyone here does. Either with a hammer for straight holes or with a tri-cone and a motor for deviated top holes. Most impressive was one company that would run a 8.5" hammer...
  3. themitch

Used KDF85 Silver Color

Last years test. No e-coli / total chloroform test was completed. Was looking into the feasibility of using H2O2. Any experience with using Neutra Sul?
  4. themitch

Used KDF85 Silver Color

Cant say that I am really looking for it to be useful, I am using it as an experiment and to play around with what water I have and what can be done to improve it. Looking to see why it turned silver, and when rinsed out in a bucket, turned the water black. Its the corrosion product that...
  5. themitch

Used KDF85 Silver Color

Made a custom pre-filter for my RO unit I think about 3 or 4 months ago. Pulled it out to look at it tonight. First thing that I noticed is that it channeled. Design fault, but oh well. It was interesting to see the material turn silver (zinc). Looks like the copper is being used up...
  6. themitch

Sodium and Sulfate removal

Hello, I received a well water test back and was surprised at a few findings. The findings are: Calcium 8.42 mg/L Calcium Hardness 21 mg CaCO3/L Magnesium 1.79 mg/L Sodium 150 mg/L Alkalinity 270 mg CaCO3/L pH 8.46 TDS 375 mg/L Iron was not detected. 2 values that I did not get...
  7. themitch

KDF Application

Due to the pump in the well, I have no where near enough power for a proper back-flush. That is why I am looking to set up a small system for a small point of use. This filter setup would be for a water tap on a sink. In addition to this, I like experimenting with things. What I am looking...
  8. themitch

KDF Application

Hello, I am looking for more information on using KDF-85 on a sulfur containing well water. I would like to know how well this works in conjunction with a GAC filter to provide filtered drinking water. Thank You, Brian
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks