Search results

1. piezomot

reverse flush toilet

Hello, any idea where I can find nowadays so called "reverse flush toilet"? Someone from my family is looking for it...and could not find any in North America...May be Europe? A German style reverse flush toilet which holds the excrement out of the water. This could be to make inspection...
  2. piezomot

American standard bathtub drain leak

Just in addition to above I would like to add that contractor fixed the problem. He found leak between bathtub and drain flange exactly as it is shown on my picture with the arrow. It looks like bathtub bottom surface where gasket is was rough and the gasket itself was very stiff. So he changed...
  3. piezomot

American standard bathtub drain leak

Contractor installed new American standard bathtub in my house (second floor) and probably did not fully tested it. New tiling was already done too. Yesterday I installed new faucet there and I wanted to use my bath first time. I closed the drain (this drain design has no switch but rotation...
  4. piezomot

Install Drake II questions on steps in write-up

No this theory is not correct, I went to the local plumber shop dupontplumbing.com (not the one where I purchased my TOTO toilet) and examined TOTO Drake II toilet on display there- it has the same issue, it will rock. I spoke to shop owner named Frank and he told me that he did not noticed it...
  5. piezomot

But the toilet is made in China! It looks like Chinese toilet C454CEFG#01 and USA ST454E#01 tank do not match very well...
  6. piezomot

I started to investigate what is the root of the problem here. It looks like water tank is made in USA:
  7. piezomot

I just purchased and installed my second Toto Drake II. I have the same problem, but now I have to insert extra piece of rubber in all tree contact points to prevent tank from moving. Without the rubber ring, the tank sits perfectly on all three contact points.
  8. piezomot

How to choose a gas hot water heater? (Slightly different)

Three days ago rubber pipe was disconnected inside of my dishwasher, and I reconnected it. Today it happened again, and I noticed my gas water heater started to release water over pressure release valve... I am thinking about on-demand tankless water heater...
  9. piezomot

External toilet flange vs internal toilet flange for an old cust iron pipe

I cut lead pipe at some distance from the CI pipe intake, as I discovered brass ferrule (shown by red arrow) right at the CI pipie intake. It looks like that original scenario for removing lead pipe compleately from the CI intake may not work for me very easy way, as I have to drill out not...
  10. piezomot

Home repair book would say that banded couplings may be used to connect new plastic pipe to remaining cast iron pipe. How much confidence would you have for the connection of the new plastic pipe to remaining lead pipe? May be I should just insert 3'' plastic pipe with rubber part (is to...
  11. piezomot

Would it be appropriate to ask how much would you charge to do it your way? I just would like to figure out how much it will cost me if I hire a plumber here. Also if you would not recommend to use external or internal flange with a compression fitting, then why did they use a no-hub coupling...
  12. piezomot

Thank you Terry, I have 4" lead closet arm pipe. I did some youtube search and it looks like they did it differently with the clamp there: I am just wondering why did they use two clamps there?
  13. piezomot

Thank you Terry for this really professional answer! I really appreciate it. I refer to this thread below. It looks like this is what I need to do here. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?10530-Lead-Drain-Bend-Question&p=62919&viewfull=1#post62919 May I ask you how would you : A...
  14. piezomot

Hello, I am doing my second floor bathroom renovation now. I removed all floor tiles and the toilet and have found my toilet drain pipe looks like this: Question: After tiles are installed to fix my toilet flange for an old cust iron pipe- or should I use the internal flange at it shown here...
  15. piezomot

FIBEROCK Tile Backerboard vs HardieBacker Cement Board

I have heard that FIBEROCK Tile Backerboard would not require any insulation material behind it as it moisture resistant already. Plus it will not crack during installation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRQ9EtFh-8
  16. piezomot

FIBEROCK Tile Backerboard vs HardieBacker Cement Board

Question to an expert- what is the difference between: FIBEROCK Tile Backerboard: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/fiberock-aqua-tough-tile-backer-panel-square-edge-1-2-in-3-ft-x-5-ft/911233 and HardieBacker Cement Board...
  17. piezomot

Acrylic vs Enameled Steel bathtub

This is how they do it -CAST IRON BATH was moved down from the first floor outside just by ONE MAN...
  18. piezomot

Thank you mtcummins, could you explain for me where I can get this closed cell DIY foam 2 part canister system? Also I have found this video, is this how it must be done prior to installation? If I go with the CI, how can I be confident that celling joists would be able to support 870 lb?
  19. piezomot

I just have found these interesting notes: Tub types: CAST IRON - Best quality. Pros: Durable, easy to clean, quiet, no flex (mortar-bed not needed). Cons: Most expensive, Heavy-weight (not an easy install for one person), absorbs heat until warmed, generally shallow depth. STEEL - 2nd best...
  20. piezomot

Thank you Terry, but what is the difference in quality between these two made from Acrylic material: KOHLER Mariposa 5.5 ft. Bathtub with Right-Hand Drain in Biscuit American Standard Colony 5 Feet Right Drain Bathtub in White
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks