Search results

1. Karen K.

Shower niche - not waterproof bc of gap

Hi John, yes indeed, that is our niche and it is really helpful to get these insights. Thank you. As you say, this will have to be fixed properly and we will make sure it does - it is our home after all....
  2. Karen K.

Shower niche - not waterproof because of gap

Thank you - much appreciated....
  3. Karen K.

Thank you, Jim. Sorry to bother you further, just had a couple quick questions on mortaring with the cement or taping over seams - is that usually the way to help with waterproofing? (Before you Redgard of course.) And when you talk about the "required thickness" of the membrane, do you...
  4. Karen K.

Thank you for your response. They were recommended by friends of ours. The other niches they did are well done and properly Redgarded (painted twice I believe), not sure how this one ended up the way it did. They did use thinset on the corners, where the long wall meets the short wall, as...
  5. Karen K.

Sorry, I misspoke, the niche is only partially tiled (just the back board of it). The sides of it are not. The gaps are not in the tile but rather, in the corners where the hardiebacker should all meet. I"m not sure if the pictures are large enough, so let me know if they are not...
  6. Karen K.

It is a tiled niche and I will post a picture shortly so that you can see. The tile is thinset on, but hasn't yet been grouted.
  7. Karen K.

Hi all, My name is Karen and I am new to the world of bathroom remodeling. I would really appreciate your help with the following problem. We have had our GK put in shower niches in our shower/tub combo (we are gutting bathrooms, just not moving any plumbing around). I read up on...
  8. Karen K.

Apologies as I realized I posted this on the plumbing forum and not the bath/shower forum. I will repost in the correct forum. Hi all, My name is Karen and I am new to the world of bathroom remodeling. I would really appreciate your help with the following problem. We have had our GK put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks