Search results

1. Tygon

Sewer gas in brand new restaurant

I worked on the problem almost all day and found two things: Under the toilet, the toilet flange and its plumbing was still in the sand box! They had tiled up to the sand and never filled in the box nor fastened the hold-down ring. The result was that the metal ring was all bent up from the...
  2. Tygon

flooring

I had never heard about luan not being okay for vinyl underlayment. But DO NOT use luan if you are thinking of EVER doing a ceramic floor. I can attest that ceramic tile will not stick to it. Even going over it with cement board, the thinset between will not stick and serves only as a filler...
  3. Tygon

Thanks for your replies! Over the phone, the plumber contractor just flat out denied any responsibility for such a problem, without even having made an inspection. I'm being fairly easy on her at the moment because that might be true and I'm trying to coax them into a friendly visit to share...
  4. Tygon

I believe that adding a trap right on the main line where it meets the city sewer would be considered "double trapping" and would be prohibited by the municipal code; though in effect, the grease trap on the sink lines does just that! We have no gas problem on those lines. The negative air...
  5. Tygon

We just built a brand new franchise restaurant according to national specifications and hired an experienced plumber for the job. Not everything works too well (the hand washing sinks drain very slowly), but the main problem is that we have a huge amount of sewer gas in the revents and seeping...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks