Search results

1. Bob from Plains

Torque Arrestors

Can anyone tell me the pro's and con's of torque arrestors for submersable pumps, do they realy work or not? Thanks Bob
  2. Bob from Plains

Goulds constant press & variable speed pumps

Do any of you out there have any advise on the Goulds ITT variable speed constant pressure submersiable pumps and associated equiptment that goes along with it. How is their track record for maintance and do they do what they say they can? Bob
  3. Bob from Plains

what size pump

At the present time I have a 3/4 hp submersable (fairbanks morse) pump, the well is 40 feet deep, age is approx. 24 years old. I would like to upgrade the system (pump and pressure tank) before I have a failure due to age. The old pump records state it tested out at 40 gpm at time of...
  4. Bob from Plains

Constant volum/pressure pumps

Hi; Can some one give me the low down on constant volum/pressure pumps that are 3 phase power. Thanks Bob
  5. Bob from Plains

well pump pressure

The pump is a Fairbanks Morse 3/4hp. p/n 40039665, not sure how old it is but would imagine it could be the original one with the house which is 24 years old. The records we got with the house state the well is 40 ft. deep as all the wells in this area are, not sure how far down the water level...
  6. Bob from Plains

well pump pressure

Thanks for the reply, we arn't using any regulators on the system. The 28 lbs seems to be pretty constant, the rep said it is possible to change just part of the pump to get the pressure up and not worry about the gpm part of it. Not to sure if this is true. I have calculated how much each zone...
  7. Bob from Plains

well pump pressure

Hi Guys; I have written earlier about installing a new underground sprinkler system (orbit) and not getting the coverage advertised by orbit. After visiting with our local well/pump man he advised against jumping the gpm up as it might cause more problems as a result, when initially drilled the...
  8. Bob from Plains

Pump Pressure/GPM

How come rhe pressure and gpm is higher at the hydrant than the house.
  9. Bob from Plains

Pump Pressure/GPM

I live in the country and am on my own well. I recently installed an underground sprinkler system to my yard and don't get the coverage from the sprinkler heads the manufacturer says I should be getting. When first considering putting in the system the manufacturer asked basic questions such as...
  10. Bob from Plains

pump time

:confused: I live in the country and have a well. The pump is 3/4 hp and pressure tank is a well x trol wx-255, pressure switch set at 30-50, pressure tank air press set at 28. :confused: When the pump kicks on it takes 3 minutes to reach the 50 psi and the kick off. Next to the well there is a...
  11. Bob from Plains

black poly pipe

Can black poly pipe be used inside the house from the well to the pressure tank which is located in the house? The pressure tank is located about 30 feet from where the existing polly enters the house. Thanks
  12. Bob from Plains

What type of pipe inside

Whats the durability of cvpc and how big can a person go with it and the pex?
  13. Bob from Plains

What type of pipe inside

I have an older home in the country, the incoming piping needs to be upgraded, from the well to the house is black poly pipe 1 and 1/4 inch, inside is galvinzed. question is can I go to pvc pipe inside the house? Thanks.
  14. Bob from Plains

well pump noise

well pump noise one more time Hi Guys; While getting ready to put in the new pipe I questioned about earlier I tore out some of the basement ceiling to expose the old pipe, and as pumpman sugested the pipe may not have been suspended properly was the case, it was laying on one 2x4 brace between...
  15. Bob from Plains

copper pipe versus galvinized?

Hi Guys; I wrote last week about the pump noise and am about to run the new line in the house. My new question is which is better, galvinized or copper pipe? As I sated earlier I will be running 1" pipe inside the house off our well which comes into the house with 1 1/4" black poly pipe. The...
  16. Bob from Plains

well pump noise

Thanks for the info guys, one question I didn't ask, why did the original installer use 1 1/2" galvinzed pipe in the house. Before posting the original message I had decided to reroute the water line in the house, instead of tearing down the basement ceiling to try and find out what they had...
  17. Bob from Plains

well pump noise

I bought my house 2 yrs ago, at that time whenever the well turns on we get a vibration in the pipes and noise. The house is 20 yrs old, the original owner ran 1 1/4" black poly to the house and then inside went to 1 1/2'' galvinized to the pressure tank which is on the other side of the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks