Search results

1. Mike F

Old pipes. slightly larger?

I have to repair some damaged pipes in the garage that froze when winter came upon us overnight this year. The problem is that the 1/2" couplings are too small for the pipe. I am sure that 60 yrs ago the copper was probably .002-.003" bigger in diameter than pipes are now. I have been sanding...
  2. Mike F

Natural gas supply line sizing

I am looking to find any information on how to calculate natural gas supply line size for a recently installed grill. Burners total 100,000BTU. Though I have not checked it, I am told that supply pressure is approx. 7"w.c. The run is about 70ft or so. I presently have a 3/4" supply, which is...
  3. Mike F

Best flux for 95/5 solder in air compressor application

Now that I have decided to solder 3/4" copper lines for my air compressor, I am seeking advice on the most appropriate flux. I will be using 95/5 solder and was wondering if the choice of flux is that important. I have Oatey #5 flux and Oatey #95 tinning flux lying around. Is there any real...
  4. Mike F

Soldering vs. Brazing

I am setting up a compressed air system in my garage. The max pressure of the compressor is 175 psi. I am planning to run 3/4" type L copper. I have been to the copper.org site and researched the search function here and get conflicting advice. Now, I realize there may be liability issues on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks