Search results

1. alexlacelle

Plumbing laundry tub into nearby waste stack

I have a laundry tub in my basement which the previous owners simply let drain into the slab near a drain. I’d like to connect this tub to a waste stack that’s about 2 feet away from the tub, running vertically down into the slab. The waste stack is 4 inches in diameter. The stack I’m...
  2. alexlacelle

Connecting laundry tub to nearby stack

I’m wanting to connect my laundry tub to a nearby main stack. The previous owner simply had a hose running to near a floor drain, however I’d rather plumb this in properly. As you can see in the pictures, the laundry tub is right next to a 4 inch vertical drain pipe. This is the main drain in...
  3. alexlacelle

Washing machine standpipe P-trap below floor

I'm located in Ontario Canada and replacing my laundry room standpipe plumbing. I'm told that here I would be allowed to put the P trap below the floor (in my basement as opposed to the main floor laundry room). I tried searching for the rules regarding this but I cant for the life of me find...
  4. alexlacelle

Help fixing standpipe plumbing

Currently working on a laundry room renovation. I'm located in Ontario Canada. The standpipe is not to code. My trap is under the floor in the basement, and there are two pipes, one of which is used as a standpipe, the other is just open, which I assume someone was using as a makeshift...
  5. alexlacelle

Replacing a tub and tub surround

In hopes of replacing my bathtub and tub surround this coming weekend, I’m hoping to get some tips/advice on doing so. I’ve attached pictures of my current tub. It measures 58 inches long, drywall to drywall, however the lip is buried behind the drywall. My understanding from research is that...
  6. alexlacelle

Plugging a drain line

Recently while removing a floating floor I discovered an old unused 1 1/2 inch waste line in my basement. Based on the cutout in the cement, this was used as a floor drain, however a new drain has since been installed. I'd like to plug this pipe prior to installing a new floor over it. The...
  7. alexlacelle

Back outlet toilet question

Hello, I am looking to install a back outlet toilet in my basement. The reason for this is that my waste pipe travels horizontally approximately 5 inches above the slab. My idea is to install a rear discharge toilet with a 45 degree bend turning left and slightly downward to tap into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks