Search results

1. dubele

1/2 inch fitting difficult to piece together

Hi, I spent my weekend ripping out my upstairs plumbing and reinstalling. Diameter is 1/2". Everything went well except when I went to put the pieces together. They just would not go together. It seems they caught up. I can't imagine this is normal. Is this typical? I even took a new 1/2"...
  2. dubele

No pressure...Clog?

Hi, Something is up with my upstairs plumbing. Ever since a plumber buddy of mine installed a new valve in the guest bathroom, I have been having issues. The issue is that all fixtures are expelling what looks to be bits of metal. They come out greenish. This stuff is clogging my...
  3. dubele

How tight do you need to tighten a compression fitting?

Hello, I just hooked up my toilet. It is a Brasscraft valve and I used a solid pipe to connect the toilet. I haven't done this before. I seated the solid pipe into the the valve with the ferrel until it stopped and hand tighetened. I tightened it more with a wrench until it was tight....I...
  4. dubele

Tiled, now toilet won't fit

Hello, I tiled my bathroom including behind the toilet. The wall used to have just 1/2" drywall and I removed that for tiling. After installing shims, hardie board, mastic, and tile, the wall is closer to the toilet flange by 1". I dry fitted the toilet and I am not going to be able to use...
  5. dubele

Debris in line

Is it normal after soldering pipes to have debris in the lines? The debris is greenish in color. I had a buddy solder a new Kohler valve on in my guest bathroom and debris is coming out of my master bathroom shower and clogging the shower head. I had to take it off to clean it out about three...
  6. dubele

Kohler Rite-Temp bath & shower valve, K-T10274-4

Hi. I am not a plumber and putting in a new tub....and a new valve. My question will be stupid I assure you!! LOL!!! On the Kohler Valve, there is a plastic "housing" called a plate (looks like part number 1095944). My question is, "Do you remove this"? I know there is a Dome plastic guard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks