Search results

1. VAWellDriller

Series water heater explanation

I have a 2nd home at the beach, which has 2 electric water heaters plumbed in series. I understand the basic setup but one thing is very curious to me. On the 2nd water heater in line (on left) they have a line feeding it from the bottom. They installed a tee with a boiler drain and a pipe...
  2. VAWellDriller

AC Condensate

I have a 2 story house on a basement. The whole house has a gravity drain sewage line about 6ft off the basement floor to my septic tank and drain field. I have a basement bathroom and washer that drain into a sump pit, with grinder pump that tees into the main sewage line. The 2nd floor air...
  3. VAWellDriller

Yard Hydrants and Code

I install yard hydrants sometimes on main waterline when I drill a new well. There is one county that I work in that has failed my inspection twice lately. The first time, they claimed I either had to install a sanitary hydrant or a backflow preventer. The homeowner complained to inspector...
  4. VAWellDriller

Macerating toilet

Going to build a small remote poolhouse with 1/2 bath over the winter and I'm looking at options to get waste water approx 100' to septic tank (flat ground). I am looking at Saniflo or Zoeller self contained macerating toilets for the job...both for economy and ease of installation. Both use a...
  5. VAWellDriller

Open Loop Geo split system problems

Its cold here in Virginia....as with most of the east coast. I have been wondering for a while if my geo split system is working properly, and lately the performance has really dropped. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or input. Temp has been dropping near 0 in the evenings, and strip heater...
  6. VAWellDriller

Kohler touchless toilet

I just built a home and my wife and I selected (now I'm really wondering) Kohler toilets with the touchless flush. The tanks do not have a manual flush mechanism or hole to install one. We've been in 6 months now and are having problems with 2 toilets flushing on their own. 1 will do it...
  7. VAWellDriller

New HVAC install

I posted this in the HVAC forum as well, but here it is again, in case you plumbers don't look at that. I am building a new house and am installing an open loop geo HVAC system, and have a supply and return well. The HVAC contractor normally does closed loop systems, and has that sub install...
  8. VAWellDriller

New Open Loop Geo Install

I am building a new house and am installing an open loop geo HVAC system, and have a supply and return well. The HVAC contractor normally does closed loop systems, and has that sub install all the plumbing right up to the units inside. I'm really not sure why, but he doesn't want to do any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks