Search results

1. husbus

Toto Drake II tank leak - help me confirm conclusion, please

Thanks guys! After Gary's post, I decided to go back in the garage and "feel" the nut with the pliers again, and tightened it a tad more. It's looking better so far. I'll check back in a couple of hours. :)
  2. husbus

Thanks, Gary, but that's hard to imagine. I tightened it with some huge tongue-and-groove pliers that provide lots of torque, so I was a lot more worried about over-tightening than not having it tight enough.
  3. husbus

I bought my second Toto Drake II to install. The first one has been great. The second one has a slow but persistent leak from the tank. After taking the tank off and putting it back on 3 or 4 times with no luck, I propped it up on some step stools and filled it up with water. There's a slow leak...
  4. husbus

Can this flange be fixed?

Indeed, that's how I would define "pro". :) I will try to find a plumber whom I trust. Haven't needed one since moving to this area. Thanks, that's the kind of ring I was thinking of! I may be wrong, but the way i was thinking of this is that the wax ring would fit inside the inner edge of...
  5. husbus

Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm not sure what gave you the impression that flange is "floating"... Maybe it's something about the light in the picture? Anyway, the flange is sitting directly on the sub floor and is screwed into it. Somebody covered the screws with wax. The bowl was sitting...
  6. husbus

Also, if I do need to call a plumber, what should the fix look like? I've read that the flange should really sit on top of the finished floor. Is there a way to accomplish that in this situation, or how should it be "built up" to an appropriate height? Thanks again.
  7. husbus

The other night I noticed a leak around the base of the toilet and decided to replace it with a Toto Drake, since it kept clogging too. After taking the old toilet off the drain, I'm surprised I didn't have bigger problems: The old flange is 1/2" under the the tile surface and the two stacked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks