Search results

1. digidutch

Old shower floor has no pan..

I think it will raise the floor but we have 9 foot ceiling so....no biggie. I am going to try to cut the old drain pipe from inside and weld/put new drain over it. Both are 2inch should work.
  2. digidutch

Can I cut the old drain down to 2" pipe and just glue new drain over the pipe. This will give me new drain for pan liner membrane. The current slope is from the old (removed) floor tiles. I will re-use it, should I cover with thin layer of mud deck or just put liner on it. It is smooth. What you...
  3. digidutch

Looks good. After I took the floortiles off as well as the strips of wonderboard around the floor I found that the builder put on some piece of cbu on the foor under the tiles, hoping that would waterproof the whole thing. The drain is one of those screw in kind. Could I just use a screw in...
  4. digidutch

Thank you for your response. I meant to do setting bed first before thinset for tiles. Curb (2x4's) came up while taking tiles off of it....Will redo it correctly (concrete instead of 2x4's?). What if I pour concrete to make a level base followed by sloping mud deck, liner, setting bed, thinset...
  5. digidutch

22 year old home. Shower stripped bare (almost) Original floor tiled. The walls were green board.... The only thing that 'waterproofed" was a 6 inch piece of cement wonderboard surrounding the tile area. It has a 3 inch deep 'groove" around were the wonderboard is embedded in. Was thinking of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks