Search results

1. Andy Griffith

Mansfield, Leaking in tank - water will not shut off

Well it turns out that the very threat of replacing that seal was enough to make it stop leaking. ;) It hasn't leaked in the last couple of days. I'll put the seal up in the medicine cabinet and maybe that will hold it at bay for next 12 months or so. And if it starts leaking again I'll put the...
  2. Andy Griffith

Thank you all for the replies. I'll pick up one of the seals and go from there.
  3. Andy Griffith

Thank you. It seems to run continuously, though I haven't turned the water supply off for a period of time and checked for leak-down in the tank. When I turn the water supply off my wife can't hear it leaking any more and I don't see the dribble down the one part of bowl. We own the house and...
  4. Andy Griffith

Our old toilet will not shut off the water to the tank. I can't hear it but my wife can and I can see just a little bit of water running down the bowl and just a little disturbance in the water in the tank. It seems to seal for just a bit right after a flush but then begins leaking again after...
  5. Andy Griffith

Toto flush lever getting stuck.

Ok thanks, bent the rod a bit and it now clears the overflow.
  6. Andy Griffith

Ok, I pulled the file and found the manual and a print out from Terry's website circa 2000 recommending the UltraMax. It is indeed the UltraMax model as he said. Made some progress but now may have another issue. I backed off the nut that holds the lever assembly in the tank and that freed up...
  7. Andy Griffith

Thanks for the replies. It's a bit of a relief as it means I'm not going crazy (ok, that's still debatable). I could have sworn that the toilet has flushed like that from day one, but the old handle had been sticking for several months before I had a chance to address it. The sticking handle...
  8. Andy Griffith

Thanks for the replies. I received the THU004#CP today and installed it in the toilet. The handle of course no longer gets stuck in the down position but I'm not sure the toilet is operating correctly. You have to hold the handle down until the bowl empties before you release the handle...
  9. Andy Griffith

I have a Toto MS854114S that the flush lever/handle is getting stuck in the flush position. I don't think it's valve related, I think it's mechanical with the flush lever. The handle is very loose on the rod and it's traveling too far down on the flush stroke and getting jammed up and sticking...
  10. Andy Griffith

Toto fill valve gasket leaking

Ok thanks very much for the information. Managed to get a 528T from the local hardware store. Just installed it and no more leaks. The gasket on the old valve was completely compressed. However, I'm wondering if I'm ok on this fill level. When setting the height I used a small straight edge to...
  11. Andy Griffith

Toto fill valve gasket leaking

Hello, I have a Toto MS854114S that is leaking where the nut holds the bottom of the fill valve to the tank. At first I thought it was the supply line and replaced that, but then noticed it was coming out between the white nut and the tank. I tried tightening that nut a bit but it just made...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks