Search results

1. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

Thanks! I did read some of your previous posts concerning these types of valves. Your posts were extremely helpful. It looks like the previous owner never did any maintenance at all, the flapper was detoriorated and stuck open, the screws were so brittle that they snapped off when i tried to...
  2. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

Update: Thanks to everyone that helped me out with my issue. There in fact was a Backflow valve which was deteriorated and stuck partially open. I was able to find the exact 6" cast iron valve and finally installed it 2 weeks ago. Just in time too because of all the flooding that the storms...
  3. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

Yes Sir, you are right. I will have to stick my "wifes" :D cell phone down the stack and take a picture to see if there is evidence of a valve.
  4. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

"WorthFlorida" Thanks for your insight. I was out of town but i recently washed out the pit and here is a better picture. It looks like indeed it's a "Flood Control System". Hopefully the valve is just stuck open.
  5. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately i know first hand about how far Chicago lags in terms of the combined sewer system. I will no don't call a licensed Plummer but i just needed some sort of advice beforehand. Before i'm told that they need to demo my house to install the back flow valve.
  6. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

Thanks for your reply, i will post a better picture. I do hope that it is a type of flood protection and that the previous owner messed up the valve by rodding the line. It does feel like ive been jousting with the wind these last years. I've installed*sump pumps that haven't kept up with the...
  7. danny60632

Backflow Valve Advice

Hi to everyone out there, i'm new to the forum! I have read alot posts lately and everyone gives great advice and i was looking for some as well. I am from Chicago, I have lived in my house for the last 6 years and my basement has flooded 4 times (3 times 8 up to eight inches and two years...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks