Search results

1. coldsolderjoint

Shed Circuit

I'd like to install a simple shed circuit to my new wooden shed. I'm planning on running 12-2 UF on a 20 amp circuit that is protected by a GFI outlet. I am planning on using 1/2" PVC conduit for the physical protection part coming down into the ground and up under the shed. I had a few...
  2. coldsolderjoint

Replacing hot water baseboards with PEX

Hello, I have two bedrooms I'm looking to remodel. Its a 1920's bungalow, which I suspect had no heating when it was built, was probably used as a summer-only house. It appears that when heat was added sometime later, they did it the "easy" way and just ran 3/4 copper with baseboard radiators...
  3. coldsolderjoint

Converting Two Recessed Lights on a Single Switched Leg

I've fallen into the unlucky situation of "wife wants to add stuff" to the project after I have finished the Sheetrock and Painted again. I'm finishing up the bedroom, and want to convert two recessed lights. I want to convert one of them into a ceiling fan, and the other into a small...
  4. coldsolderjoint

Removed Electric Hot water Heater - Breaker Filler Plate?

I had my electric hot water heater replaced with gas, and the plumber left a section of the 10/3 supply wire wire-nutted and in a new handy-box about 2 feet away from the breaker panel. I know its fine as is and is safe, but I would like to clean it up and remove that section. This also leaves...
  5. coldsolderjoint

Ideas for finishing Sunroom.

I have been using my sun-room for a storage area/workshop/disaster space since we moved into the house, its now in the project queue. I wanted to put up some pictures here and get some ideas on finishing it before we get that close to doing it. It is about 10x12, and has only jalousy storm...
  6. coldsolderjoint

Standard procedure for mounting pedestal sink?

My mother wants to re-home our old pedestal sink to her place. Its in my yard with the two pieces separate currently. When I removed it from our house, there were two toggle bolts holding the basin part against the wall, and the pedestal part was holding it "up". If i had removed the...
  7. coldsolderjoint

would you consider this hack work?

I wanted to use the shelf in my new vanity, and figured this would be the best way to do it without it being super low in the cabinet.
  8. coldsolderjoint

brainstorming for new laundry room

So, my beautiful fiancee decided to play architect AFTER i finished the floor in the small bathroom :confused: She came up with a good idea of creating a small laundry room next to the existing bathroom. Problem is that the pipes are hard to get to and/or buried. I have a 3" PVC pipe under the...
  9. coldsolderjoint

How to run power to a shed that is 16 inches away from my house...

I'm trying to add power to a crappy home depot 10x6 aluminum shed that is about 18" away from my house. I really only need one outlet for a light bulb so I can get tools in and out at night. The shed is in a horrible position and will god willing be replaced within the next 2 years or so, there...
  10. coldsolderjoint

Moral Question about using tools a mason left at my house..

Not sure if this fits in the landscaping section or not.. but I figured it was the closest since my question deals with the front of my house.. My house has flat rocks stuck on to it instead of siding, they are flat on the back and stuck to a metal lath.. back sometime in the 2000's.. the...
  11. coldsolderjoint

how to square up mounting holes for closet bolts

Hi Guys.. I'm tiling my floor and will soon be installing the toilet. American Standard Champion 4 (they got me on the hotdog flushing videos). I have 12 3/4 inches from the wall to the center of the pipe, the toilet says 12" rough in. In the picture below, the tiles around the edges of...
  12. coldsolderjoint

where to find parts for old old faucet?

Hello Guys, I'm trying to fix this faucet in my mother's house. The center "spout" piece has developed a small crack in the area where the drain plunger/closer rod is supposed to go. That piece rotates off and behind it looks like a threaded 1/4" pipe. I didn't expect home depot to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks