Search results

1. coldsolderjoint

Shed Circuit

Awesome, thank you. I'm assuming that the "main disconnect" switch must be in it's own junction box? It would be more sleek if I could put it in the double gang box with the first outlet, but I'm not sure if it still qualifies as a main disconnect then even though electrically it will do the...
  2. coldsolderjoint

Shed Circuit

I'd like to install a simple shed circuit to my new wooden shed. I'm planning on running 12-2 UF on a 20 amp circuit that is protected by a GFI outlet. I am planning on using 1/2" PVC conduit for the physical protection part coming down into the ground and up under the shed. I had a few...
  3. coldsolderjoint

Replacing hot water baseboards with PEX

I have an older gas fired boiler. I can check the BTU rating when I get home later. Those wall panel radiators are interesting. Coming up from the floor is almost a no-go. It's very hard to get access in that part of the house from the crawlspace, and I wouldn't be able to get the piping over...
  4. coldsolderjoint

Removed Electric Hot water Heater - Breaker Filler Plate?

Update - the Filler plates didn't snap in correctly, but I used those two positions for new circuits.
  5. coldsolderjoint

Converting Two Recessed Lights on a Single Switched Leg

Signed back in here to ask a different question, and noticed I'm bad at updating my original posts. The short story is that the wife decided we didn't need a fan in the bedroom, and I left the ceiling alone. Win-Win.
  6. coldsolderjoint

Replacing hot water baseboards with PEX

Hello, I have two bedrooms I'm looking to remodel. Its a 1920's bungalow, which I suspect had no heating when it was built, was probably used as a summer-only house. It appears that when heat was added sometime later, they did it the "easy" way and just ran 3/4 copper with baseboard radiators...
  7. coldsolderjoint

Hey Patrick. Yeah.. I can get a new wire up there if I cut open the drywall. I had considered the pull chains but that is a 12 foot ceiling at the high end so it would be a long chain, and because it's the tall wall.. There is the "top plate" at 8 feet, so unless I go with that on wall wire...
  8. coldsolderjoint

Thanks Guys. HJ, that's what I was referring to in #6 above, but I didn't explain it well enough. There is only one wire going up the wall from the switch, so they should be connected at one of the cans. I wanted to have independent control of the light fixture and the light on the fan. I...
  9. coldsolderjoint

I've fallen into the unlucky situation of "wife wants to add stuff" to the project after I have finished the Sheetrock and Painted again. I'm finishing up the bedroom, and want to convert two recessed lights. I want to convert one of them into a ceiling fan, and the other into a small...
  10. coldsolderjoint

Thanks! I just went to Lowes on lunch and see how they attach. The pictures online weren't clear.
  11. coldsolderjoint

I had my electric hot water heater replaced with gas, and the plumber left a section of the 10/3 supply wire wire-nutted and in a new handy-box about 2 feet away from the breaker panel. I know its fine as is and is safe, but I would like to clean it up and remove that section. This also leaves...
  12. coldsolderjoint

Moral Question about using tools a mason left at my house..

It was over 6 months before he remembered to ask for them back. He had left a 2x12 there he was using as scaffolding. I got tired of looking at it, I cut it up and threw it away. He then proceeded to throw a hissy fit about me throwing away his stuff.. which apparently is only ok for him... I...
  13. coldsolderjoint

Ideas for finishing Sunroom.

Thanks Dana! I didn't see this post. (I've been busy and set the notification type incorrectly). A lot of information to digest! I have to get out there and make some drawings with what kind of clearance I have on the walls and Windows to figure out how thick I'm going to put the insulation...
  14. coldsolderjoint

heres two more
  15. coldsolderjoint

I have been using my sun-room for a storage area/workshop/disaster space since we moved into the house, its now in the project queue. I wanted to put up some pictures here and get some ideas on finishing it before we get that close to doing it. It is about 10x12, and has only jalousy storm...
  16. coldsolderjoint

brainstorming for new laundry room

We decided not to put the Washer and Dryer in this location, and instead put a large walk-in closet with lots of ikea shelve's for my wife's clothes and shoes. At least she likes it and it is done :-D
  17. coldsolderjoint

Don't know where it is yet. I hope to be crawling around in there this weekend and will post some photos of what I find.
  18. coldsolderjoint

would you consider this hack work?

I think the ceiling fan medallion might be what we will end up with. She still hasn't made up her mind. Here is one I was considering. I didn't seal the edges of the shelf. It was late at night and I just wanted to get it done. I just blasted a hole saw through the shelf (particle...
  19. coldsolderjoint

Standard procedure for mounting pedestal sink?

oh well.. maybe someone else who is smart enough to search will learn from this thread
  20. coldsolderjoint

Sorry for the last premature post. I should have put some pictures and had more info as it's hard for you guys to give any advice without being here. I will def figure it out before I cut any pipes. Another general question.. for the water supply lines.. is is ok to run water pipes up into an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks