Search results

1. WorBry

Metal cover for PEX rough in ..is there any way to avoid screwing the cover through the tiles?

@ Mini Me, I'm just finishing a bathroom re-model, tiled throughout. All of the existing Poly B pipe was replaced with Pex. I had a plumber in to do that. The 1/2" stub-out for the toilet was anchored with J-clamps to 2x4 cross-piece set in the wood frame. It's passing through 1/2" dry wall...
  2. WorBry

Clearing blocked condensate drain pipe for AC unit

Well, I decided to go ahead and make a test p-trap from 3/4 PVC pipe connected with four 45 degree elbows to get the loop. Used a nominal value of 1 inch negative pressure, giving a drop of about 4" on the inlet side of the loop. I then just kept shortening the outlet side of the loop until I...
  3. WorBry

On the subject of condensate p-traps I came across this article that explains why the trap design and dimensions are so important in determining whether the trap will actually work or fail, especially for negative pressure configurations...
  4. WorBry

Thanks all. I'm pretty sure the blockage had built up over a section of the PB pipe where it had sagged, so hopefully replacing with PVC pipe and better support should avoid/minimize that. With addition of a p-trap, I'll need to put in a couple of unions anyway. The pipe runs across the slot...
  5. WorBry

Cut the pipe and hosed it all out. Rejoined the pipes with a plastic 3/4" shark-bite union ($4). Seems to be OK and the condensate is now draining. Looking at the plugs of gelatinatious gunk that came out, I reckon it would probably have cleared with the oxy-bleach, but it's done now. I'll...
  6. WorBry

Thanks. Point taken. I'll see what I can find. Like you say, it's not under pressure, so a sleeve plus worm-clips might suffice, for now at least. Yes, I read around a bit more and it seems that PB can't be 'welded'. Oxy-Clean is one of the brands (Arm & Hammer). Seems there is an...
  7. WorBry

Hi, I have a York split air conditioning unit in my basement. The unit was fitted with a condensate drain made from 3/4" poly butyl (PB) piping (as used for the water supply in the rest of the house) with crimped copper fittings. The pipe runs on a slope from the condensate outlet around 10'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks