Search results

1. Kendal

Hot water recirc loop issues

HAHA! No, my point exactly--and also that my plumber buys stuff there! What else are they going to say:) And hence why I came to this forum! But truly, saying that any licensed plumber is great is like saying every licensed general contractor is great. I mean, no one's EVER had any problems with...
  2. Kendal

I must say, i 'm feeling extra special now! Thanks for the response and i appreciate the forum. I will say that the rest of the house has real "Pex" fittings, not shark bites throughout:) trust me, i'm going to now put on the recirc side. It is frustrating to go through the process and find that...
  3. Kendal

Actually the house is pex throughout. I must say that I'm glad they are sharkbites so it'll be easy to handle the fix. the guy was highly recommended and suggested the use of sharkbites since I decided to go with a water heater tank as even I know, water heater tanks fail. seemed reasonable...
  4. Kendal

not true...even licensed plumbers can blow it..sorry:)
  5. Kendal

HJ, thank you for the responses. I've seen you mention the ball valve at that location to others. I'm not clear on the why however--just trying to learn something. And again, not 2 check valves, just the oneThe . .
  6. Kendal

Hello, Thank you for the reply. So if I move the check valve as in picture below, i won't need to leave the one in the current location to prevent hot water from backing into the cold? Also, would the recirc pump go here in picture below? any other thoughts would be appreciated.
  7. Kendal

Hi all, I have a recirculation loop in my new home. It is approx 250' start to finish--one long loop with t's off for the fixtures. Instant hot water when you turn it on. However, I'm having an issue when I turn on a faucet/shower nearby. The original faucet that was turned on is hot, and the...
  8. Kendal

HVAC height requirement in crawlspace?

Hi, thank you for your response. I was told by the Electrical Inspector that there is a height requirement of 56" needed in a crawlspace to place the air handler there. Simply put, I had 3 bids on HVAC and all 3 said they could put in my crwal, which by the way is 53 1/2 " tall. Are you kidding...
  9. Kendal

HVAC height requirement in crawlspace?

Is there a height requirement for the air handler of a split unit (gas) to be in a crawlspace? thank you for your time Kendal
  10. Kendal

venting questions

Thank you for your response. 1. In Metro Davidson County (one county away), I know they require at least 1-3" vent penetration, but here there isn't even a plumbing inspection! Interesting on the 2" vent as you state..I see the 3" as not detrimental however. 2. I have done more research since...
  11. Kendal

venting questions

Hi all, I am building a new home in middle TN and have a question about venting my DWV system. I have a plumber and his work is impeccable, but I am not sure about his plan for the vents. I certainly don't want any more roof penetrations than needed, so.. He has installed 3" vents for all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks