Search results

1. ss3964spd

Sweating on ball valves

Searched but nothing was popping up.. Am doing a to the stud bathroom remodel and need to rough in for the new Grohe shower valve. I'm slow, methodical, so would like to first install some full port ball valves to keep "water off" down time to a minimum. Any worries about damaging the seals...
  2. ss3964spd

Digital Shower Valves - anyone using one?

Am in the middle to a to the studs bathroom remodel and am seriously considering using either the Kohler DTV or the U Moen units. There don't seem to be any other brands on the market. Anyone here using one or the other? Pros/Cons? Not looking for pros/cons between digital/remote controlled...
  3. ss3964spd

Wall Oven connection - J-box mandatory?

Previous oven, a delightful slide in double oven + cook top unit from 1980, was connected directly via 3-wire that came through the floor behind the unit. New oven will be installed in a base cabinet in the same location. While in the process of finishing my basement several years ago I was...
  4. ss3964spd

Strange (to me) water heater issue

So, this one has me stumped - likey because I don't quite understand the anatomy of a water heater. A Rheem Power Vent 50 gallon unit. Pretty certain it's old - the serial number starts with 03/93. I get an initial burst of water pressure when first opening the hot water side of a fawcet...
  5. ss3964spd

Setting a Toto Aquia - Flange & Wax ring?

All, I am almost finished painting the new bathroom and will finally be able to set the Aquia. First things first though. While studying the bottom of the plastic adapter that is supplied with the Aquia I see there is very little space to accomodate the floor flange and the wax ring. At...
  6. ss3964spd

Moentrol shower valve - trim plate and handle available separately?

Due to poor planning on my behalf I purchased a Moen shower valve kit (Moentrol valve, chrome trim plate, handle, shower head arm and head) from a local orange box store. However, design plans have evolved to include satin nickel or brushed stainless hardware - not chrome. Are trim plates and...
  7. ss3964spd

Toto Aquia - 11 3/4 rough in ok?

I'm nearing the final stages of my new basement bathroom install and, since the house has a septic system, I 've pretty much decided on a Toto Aquia. Of concern, though, is now that I've gotten the walls tiled I've ended up with just shy of 11 3/4" (11 5/8" perhaps) from the finished wall to...
  8. ss3964spd

High quality/designer stop valves?

I know, I know - sounds a little over the top but I'm a stickler for the details. Been working on my new basement 3/4 bath and have almost all the tiling finished so I need to start ordering all the fixtures, lighting, etc-etc, right down to the angled stops. The question is, does anyone...
  9. ss3964spd

New Bath - copper supply stub covers, HQ valves?

Hi all, Getting ever closer to finishing up my new 3/4 basement bath. A couple of questions. I plan on using a pedestal sink of some sort - thus a good deal of the plumbing will be exposed. Supply nipples are 1/2" copper (capped at this time) and drain is PVC. A couple of questions if you...
  10. ss3964spd

closet flanges - what's good?

G'afternoon folks, first time poster here. Am dangerously close to wrapping up the tile setting in my new basement bath and believe I've settled on a Toto Aquia dual flush unit (from the glowing - er, flowing, positive comments here) to dispatch the nasties. Floor is tile over concrete...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks