Search results

1. ss3964spd

Sweating on ball valves

Thanks gentlemen, appreciate the zippy replies.
  2. ss3964spd

Sweating on ball valves

Searched but nothing was popping up.. Am doing a to the stud bathroom remodel and need to rough in for the new Grohe shower valve. I'm slow, methodical, so would like to first install some full port ball valves to keep "water off" down time to a minimum. Any worries about damaging the seals...
  3. ss3964spd

Shower Leak

The rotten wood shown in those photos didn't happen in the last year or two, that's years of decay. which means whoever "rebuilt" the shower knew about the poor condition of the wood and didn't address it. Like Jim suggests, the entire build is in question. Not what you wanted to hear, Lisa...
  4. ss3964spd

Advise on in-wall Toto install

The drywall isn't adding any meaningful R value, so you'd be better off with removing the drywall and adding 1/2" foam panels. If I were doing this I'd strip the wall to the studs and remove the existing insulation - which may not have been installed very well in the first place. I'd then caulk...
  5. ss3964spd

Wedi sealant on hardie backer boards?

What's the application? If you're considering using the Wedi sealant instead of taping and mudding the Hardie Board joints then no.
  6. ss3964spd

Wall Mounted Toilet - Opening a Can of Worms?

You can place the supply outlet wherever you wish, so long as it is within reach of the supply hose and clocked appropriately. But placing it were they specify does keep it tucked fairly close to the side of the bowl. I chose the "integrated" set up because it made sense to me. If you plumb you...
  7. ss3964spd

It sounds like you're considering the C200, and it just so happens I have one. Below is a copy and paste from another thread I replied to on here, and I've added a bit more. I don't remember if there are 2 versions; one for a round bowl and one for an elongated bowl. You'll want the elongated...
  8. ss3964spd

The Geberit and Toto carriers for 2X4 walls assumes a finished wall on both sides of the carrier. As such you do not need to frame the wall with anything other than 2X4's (1.5X3.5). The section of the bottom (sole) plate directly below the drain outlet is basically removed/eliminated. Don't...
  9. ss3964spd

It isn't rocket science, the most difficult part is getting the drain located properly. The rest is basic carpentry and plumbing. Given your block wall you'll have to pay special attention to how you anchor the false wall top and bottom.
  10. ss3964spd

Bathroom shower install

Just my opinion, but no way I'd give up 11.5" X 34" to dead space. I'd bust up the concrete, move the drain, and build a custom shower. If I had to use the pre-made shower I'd still move the drain to the right and then move the wall on the left. Reframing isn't difficult, nor terribly time or...
  11. ss3964spd

TOTO WASHLET G400 - Considering reviews or alternatives requested

Happy to offer some thoughts, beermati, I do have a tendency to analyze. ;) Let us know what you end up with and why, and how it's working.
  12. ss3964spd

As I read through the details of the G400 I'd not be as concerned about cleaning it as I would about it failing. It's still basically a separate washlet mounted to a specially designed bowl, except that the washlet does double duty as a water holding tank and flush valve. My C200 is already...
  13. ss3964spd

Recently installed a Toto C200 as part of a complete master bath remodel. It is perched atop a Toto Aquia 1.6/0.8 wall mounted bowl hung on a Geberit carrier (the plumbing connection between the two what a headache for a noob like me). I don't know what the feature differences are between the...
  14. ss3964spd

Replacing in-wall, wall hung toiliet w/ different water consumption

Frank, I simply used a Toto Aquia 1.6/0.8 elongated bowl with my Geberit 1.6/0.8 carrier (2X6). It flushes just fine and doesn't splash. I, too, installed a bidet seat. A Toto, I think the C200. Love it., especially the feature that pre-wets the bowl so solids don't stick to it. It works. As...
  15. ss3964spd

Can network cables be in contact with hot water pipes?

I bet a couple layers of double sided tape between the pipe and cable would do the trick, hold the cable still with plastic wire ties.
  16. ss3964spd

Can network cables be in contact with hot water pipes?

Which system is it, psycho, Moen's or Kohler's? Regardless, the heat from the pipe isn't likely to affect the wire. Frankly, I'd be more concerned with the cable rubbing on the pipe and abrading the jacket from vibration. If the cable can't be re-routed in such a way to avoid touching the pipe...
  17. ss3964spd

Geberit Pony Wall Question

JB, I installed a Geberit carrier as part of my master bathroom over haul. All of the working parts of that system are serviceable, and removeable through the flush plate opening. I didn't hesitate covering it with tile. If I absolutely had to I could open up the wall in the adjoining closet to...
  18. ss3964spd

Installation Height of vented microwave

Locale building codes always take precedent, Brian, regardless of what the manufacturers state. You can certainly try to plead a case with your inspector using manufacturers installation instructions and specific sections from the locale code(s), but at the end of the day the code enforcement...
  19. ss3964spd

Toto's new wall hung toilets: AP, MH, RP, EP - Feedback and Reviews

The water spot with the 1.6 Aquia is already minimal, so even if it is less with the 1.28 it just can't be much less. The tank of the 1.28 carrier may be smaller, and maybe the flush valve a bit different, but they both still work by exposing the hole at the bottom of the tank and flooding the...
  20. ss3964spd

Toto's new wall hung toilets: AP, MH, RP, EP - Feedback and Reviews

I installed, and very recently started using, my Geberit/Aquia combination. While I can't offer any insights to how well the new 1.28 bowls perform compared to the 1.6 Aquia I can certainly help with any other questions you might have. I do have 2 floor mounted 1.6 Aquia's installed and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks