Search results

1. Retiredguns

Repairing/replacing leaky copper DWV pipe

Had the plumber out today. I guess all is well as I am no expert. Here is the before & after.
  2. Retiredguns

Got a 2nd quote today and the plumber wants to do the same style repair, but at 3 hours and $300. Both come recommended so I'm not sure why I'd want to pay $600+ for the first plumber.
  3. Retiredguns

Had an independent plumber stop by for a look. On the plus side he said there was enough copper and space for a "not too bad" of a job and on the negative side he said it would still likely be in the $600-$700 neighborhood. Said he needed to take it back all the way to the cast iron outlet which...
  4. Retiredguns

Thanks for the opinions. Have no clue if the elbow is code? I have a plumber coming next week as he is swamped so I may do another patch job until then. When you say "bunch of money", what ballpark you reckon?
  5. Retiredguns

Repairing/replacing leaky copper DWV pipe Final repairs made Howdy folks, while doing my routine plumbing check I found a leak at the area where everything drains out of the home. The home was built in '68 and is unfortunately all copper. While it has made small repairs easy, this one has me...
  6. Retiredguns

Waterboss finally puked....maybe?

Even though the WB "appears" to be putting out soft water, I am not willing to waste salt with the 96 hour mode nor worry about it all the time. I went ahead and ordered a unit from Ohio and should have it soon!
  7. Retiredguns

Difference in resin?

I think I am giving up on my 8 year old WaterBoss as repair costs may be more than I am willing to pay. I am looking at a Fleck Demand model and the company gives a choice of "high capacity" resin or an upgrade to "fine mesh" resin for $49. I am on a well with a hardness test resulting in...
  8. Retiredguns

Just got done taking apart and checking turbo assembly. Looked O.K. The manual says if no soft water check that and the sensor. The bypass valve is functioning fine. I am doing a regen again.. I put it in 96 hour mode for 0200. Does this mean that the former "Demand" mode is bypassed and I...
  9. Retiredguns

It's on a well. Yes, from time to time the control drips some water when it's mechanical.
  10. Retiredguns

When I bought the softener I still had 2 Daughters living at home and the usage was pretty high. The last year it has been just the Wife and I most of the year with the youngest home from college. I bought the Pro series 51 which is huge compared to the Culligan. I have always been at least...
  11. Retiredguns

Thanks for the tips. I did pull the sensor, cleaned, tested and reseated it to no avail. It looks a tad corroded or nasty at the chip end. The demand gallons are also not counting down which I would think the watermizer display wouldn't effect? Would the 96 hour setting have any effect on...
  12. Retiredguns

Hello, my name is Steve & I am a retired Marine of 20 years. I'm also the typical Jack of all trades and master of none! I try to fix everything I can before recruiting help. I have an 8 year old Waterboss professional series that quit "softening" just a couple days a go. The very first thing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks