Search results

1. curt21

new softener question

Hi I just installed a watts premier 40000 grain water softener and it seems to be working perfectly. Its only been a few hours since install and the treated water seems to have a slight salty taste. My hardness setting is at 25, if its swt too high would it cause extra salt in the water whoch...
  2. curt21

iron removal method question

As it turns out my well water is loaded with iron beyond the capacity of a water softener resulting in stained fixtures, odor etc.. I have been told there is an easy solution for the iron removal but wanted to check here first: install a simple inline chlorine dispenser ( i assume similar to...
  3. curt21

iron removal well water

Hi from my recently dug shallow well I am getting rust staining on my toilet and an iron odor in my water. I know a water softener or iron filtration system is the best option. However is there a cartridge filter I can get for my rainfresh whole home inline filter that will reduce the iron...
  4. curt21

iron removal well water

Hi from my recently dug shallow well I am getting rust staining on my toilet and an iron odor in my water. I know a water softener or iron filtration system is the best option. However is there a cartridge filter I can get for my rainfresh whole home inline filter that will reduce the iron...
  5. curt21

iron removal

Lately I've noticed rust colored staining on toilet bowk and a brownish red residue left on white clothing after wash cycle. My well water also has an odor that is earthy/metallic. I believe the issue is a high iron content. What is the easiest way to remove it: Water softener, sand filter, some...
  6. curt21

question: slow recharge rate in shallow well

Hi there, quick question on the recharge rate of a shallow well. I have a 2 foot diameter well 16 feet underground with about 10 feet of water when full (top of water table at this time of year). How long should it take for the well to fill to the top level? Running the well down to the foot...
  7. curt21

gray cloudy water from well

Hi recently i installed a shallow dug well with lots of water. initiall the water was very turbid and cloudy gray. i have sonce pumped the well off twice and after recharging, the water is clearer but still has a gray cloudy tint. last night i poured bleach into a glass of the cloudy water...
  8. curt21

dug well issues

Hello there. Recently after being unsecessful in obtaining a driller to travel out to my rural home to drill a well I decided to have an excavator do the job of digging a shallow well. At roughly 7 feet we hit tons of water in the middle of a very dry july. we continued to dig to approx 20 feet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks