Search results

1. DavidSeon

Opinions On Lightweight Drywall Panels ?

The box stores around here are really pushing the newer lightweight drywall panels. I don't even see any of the traditional sag-resistant panels I had planned to use for textured ceilings; supposedly not necessary with the lightweight panels. I like the idea of lighter panels but I see a lot...
  2. DavidSeon

Shouldn't Light Fixtures Have Bare Grounding Wire Connected?

Doing bathroom remodel I notice incoming bare grounding wires of standard 3-wire cable (12ga black, white, bare) is not connected to green screws or green grounding wires supplied with the fixtures, just hanging loose or pushed back in the box. Doing a quick check, I find the same lack of...
  3. DavidSeon

Should 1/2" copper street ell be loose fitting?

To avoid notching a stud I wanted to make a quick 90 downturn out of a shower valve cold inlet. I assumed I could use the male end of a 1/2" street elbow to keep the pipe away from the stud. But the male end of the Nibco ell I picked up at Lowe's is a pretty loose fit into the Moentrol inlet...
  4. DavidSeon

Securing Copper Tub/Shower Rough-In

I notice that the copper tub/shower rough-in I'm replacing didn't use any pipe clamps or the fitting mounting ears. The assembly is essentially free-standing and a bit wobbly, but firmed up somewhat by the installed trim pieces. Would a good plumber secure the rough-in to the wood framing or...
  5. DavidSeon

Green/Cement Board Overlapping Tub Flange vs Leaving Gap Between Board and Flange

It looks like this subject has been beaten to death on the internet but there doesn't seem to be a consensus, so I thought I'd ask you guys which is better. I'm looking at using Swanstone tub walls with a Kohler tub. The Kohler tub instructions say to use furring strips to provide a flat...
  6. DavidSeon

Questions About Brass vs PVC Tub Drain Assembly To ABS Trap

I have a couple of novice questions about tub drains. Because of the tub "the boss" picked out, I think I need to replace the existing drain (Brass to ABS trap): with a Kohler slot-type overflow drain: I'm a little confused about the size of the Brass tailpiece vs the ABS trap...
  7. DavidSeon

Can't Get Diamond Cup Wheel Off Of Grinder

I'm hoping this is close enough to a Shower & Tub question - I used a diamond cup wheel for the first time to remove adhesive residue on a concrete bathroom floor. It is a 4 1/2" double row spin-on DeWalt DW4774, so it doesn't use the backing flange, lock nut and wrench all my other wheels...
  8. DavidSeon

Whatever Happened To Integrated Tub/Shower Temp/Flow Controls?

Been looking at fixtures for a gutted bathroom remodel. Most of the modern tub/shower trim sets I like seem to be made for a single handle pressure-balancing valve, apparently without any flow control, although I do see a lot of separate flow control valves & trim. Are people just not using...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks