Search results

1. CC

Anyone see a problem in this photo? Tub Spout wiggles

I bought the Delta RP17454 screw-on spout that Jim and Terry recommended elsewhere on the forum. The general contractor soldered the adapter on today and installed the spout. It sits tightly against the tile and doesn't move at all. I'm posting specs from the packaging in case it's helpful for...
  2. CC

Well that makes perfect sense, Jim. I'll get a Delta pull-down diverter spout. (I saw that you suggested it elsewhere here.) I can't find any specs on Delta's site. Do you think my length of copper pipe is sufficient at 2-1/2 inches for this spout?
  3. CC

Thank you, hj. I understand. A plumber at Ferguson's counter sales today said the same thing when he sold me a copper clamp to attach wood to the pipe. He said I didn't need a new screw-in spout--just fix the tubing. Does it matter that the copper tubing has been beat to death from GC driving in...
  4. CC

Thank you, hj. When I showed the spout to the GC, he glanced at it and said, "that's fine." Should I have him add support behind the wall? He's telling me it isn't necessary. He's doing it himself instead of paying the plumber sub to come back, which doesn't bother me because plumber sub thinks...
  5. CC

Oh thank you Jim!!! Thank you!!
  6. CC

Nice. Thank you, Terry. I'll buy the adapter and Delta thread-on spout today.
  7. CC

Met with the GC today. He took off the slip-fit spout and found the copper tube is 2-1/2 inches long (the spout is 5 inches), however the tube slopes down by 4 degrees. So the spout touched the tiled wall at the bottom but stood away from the wall at the top. He thinks a spout of a different...
  8. CC

Thank you, Jim. Yes, I see what you're saying about the blocking. There is an access hole on the back where the shut-off valve is, so I'll ask if he can add support. And thank you again, Terry, for the additional answer above. I'll also ask him to shorten the tubing. This all makes some sense...
  9. CC

Thank you, Terry. This diverter doesn't operate very smoothly for me. I pull once and water keeps coming out of the spout til I give it another pull. Or perhaps I'm a bigger weakling than I thought. Many thanks again for your help.
  10. CC

Thank you, Chad. Both methods seem more secure than what he did. I imagine that's why it's wiggling. The GC is coming next week and I'm hoping to be better informed when I tell him about the spout. Thanks again for your help.
  11. CC

Is there anything in this photo that would cause a tub spout to wiggle? It does not sit against the tile, so the plumber caulked between the spout and the tile. When I pull the diverter up, the spout moves. I can easily wiggle the spout with my little girl hand. The plumber said this is no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks