Search results

1. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Failing Shower Pan/construction?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to look into redoing the shower with a foam system. Wedi, Kerdi, or something like that. They're easier to waterproof and faster to build. More money though.
  2. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Confused about mortar under tubs...

I don't remember all of the details. The deck was built about 1 inch higher than the depth of the tub. Maybe it cheap construction?
  3. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Somewhat coherent

Somewhat coherent
  4. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Installing Cementboard New Tub

If you are installing the cement board on the ceiling you want to do the ceiling first. If you are installing on the walls I usually start at the bottom and work my way up. Cement board is heavy, and putting the first sheet on overhead and trying to start your screws and hope the sheet doesn't...
  5. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

What is the best shower pan installation

I think it depends on who is doing the tile. If someone is not a skilled tile setter I think the foam pans are a good way to reduce the risk of user error. :)
  6. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

What is the best shower pan installation

Rob, I think that is you are installing the pan yourself and you are not a full time tile setter, I would recommend one of the foam pans that are out there. They are probably the most difficult to screw up as far as leaks, clogged weap holes, etc. Also, you don't have to use the foam panels...
  7. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Cost to Remodel 7 Ft x 8 Ft Hallway Bathroom (410 Cu Ft) -- only $22,000

I agree with the other guys that the original company probably got the feeling that you weren't their ideal client. Personally, I like a client that does his research ahead of time and knows what he wants. I don't see any harm in you selecting the toilet, tile, etc. that you want for your...
  8. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Water leaking into the pan from the weep holes

I probably should have been more clear. To me it looked like there were big mineral deposits that were blocking the weep holes. It may have been the way the photos looked. I wouldn't stick any wires up more than an 1/8" or so. I think the holes might be weep holes for the shower glass?
  9. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

I really don't think the weep holes are letting any water in. However, if you wanted to fabricate some sort of funnel, like you are talking about you could at least cross that possibility off your list. I don't know of anything out there that is made for that because water typically doesn't...
  10. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

I'm staring at the picture and I think it is a cast iron drain. Can you post a photo of the drain cover? edit: I would also see if you can clean out the shown weepholes. They look like they have a good deal of build-up on them
  11. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

If I had to guess, I think that there is a prefloat in simply for the fact that the water collects around the drain. When seeing the layout of the weepholes my first thought was that it was a cast iron drain, but it clearly has plastic around the top, ruling that out. I've never seen a plastic...
  12. Tiger Mountain Tile Inc

Hanging with John Bridge and the gang.

Terry, It was nice to meet you at the BBQ a couple of weeks ago. I thought I would come over here, register, and say "Hi". I see some familiar names and a lot of new ones around here. :D
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks