Search results

1. Footman_75

Blocked supply line.

Is it possible for the scale in unsoftened water lines to break loose and clog a water line? Doing some renovation where old copper was cut and replaced with PEX. Thinking that the cutting etc might have helped scale to break off and then travel downstream. When line is opened at faucet...
  2. Footman_75

Uncovered a narrow wet vent

Hi all, In Ontario, and just acquired a property. Removed a basement ceiling and discovered a wet vent installation that I don't think is quite up to code. Wet vent is 1-1/2 ABS. Wet vent drains a washing machine stand pipe located on main floor. This is the only fixture upstream of wet...
  3. Footman_75

This isn't 1/2

Hi all, it's been a while since I have posted here. Hope everyone is doing alright. Just picked up another property. Removed a toilet, the supply valve was leaking so I shut off water, cut valve, and was about to slide on a sharkbite cap..... The supply pipe was a hair bigger OD than the cap...
  4. Footman_75

SHOWER BASE: Redgard + tile

Hi folks, I'm about to tile a shower base. The base consists of a Schluter/KERDI styrofoam tray and drain system. No Kerdi membrane. On top of the styro tray there is a skim of mortar and then 3 coats of Redgard. QUESTION: Should a skim coat of mortar get applied on top of the Redgard...
  5. Footman_75

Cultured Marble onto Redgard?

Hi all, I'm installing cultured marble walls in a shower remodel. Two questions: 1) What do people use to mount CM? 100% silicone? PL 700? 2) I'd like to mount the CM onto a Redgard-sealed plywood. Any thoughts on this idea? I understand Terry is a proponent of mounting CM directly onto...
  6. Footman_75

PEX: Is it that easy?

Hi folks, Just did my first PEX installation. It was a fast process. Each crimp passed the go/no go test, and the water is back on with no leaks. I'm still a bit leery that this method actually works. Waiting for the day when a tube pops off the barbs and my house floods at 65 gpm...
  7. Footman_75

Kerdi Membrane VS Mapei Aqua Defense

Hi all, I am in the process of installing waterproofing system for a shower wall. I know this is a plumbing forum, and my question is more for tiling professionals, but I appreciate the level of expertise here, and hope there are a few people out there with some experience on the...
  8. Footman_75

Tub connection

Hi folks, I'm in the process of connecting a Maax Tub, which conceals all connections inside an apron. Based on this design, I am going to use braided connector hoses. (Alternatively, I could rip open the ceiling underneath, and solder from underneath once tub is in place, but since the tub...
  9. Footman_75

4 Gang Boxes - Ontario

Hi all, Question about wire/cap limits on a 4-Gang box in Ontario. Looking through my copy of the Electrical Code Simplified, can't seem to find any specs on 4-Gang boxes. Lots of info on wire / cap limits for up to 3-Gang though. Does this mean that 4-Gangs are not code anymore, or does...
  10. Footman_75

Low volume on hot water

Hot water volume in one of my rental properties has dropped significantly. Has affected all units. However all valves are full open. Also, meter not moving, so no leak. Any thoughts? As a workaround, I've cranked the temperature on the water heater so that tenants can create volume by...
  11. Footman_75

Fire Separations between apartment units: ONTARIO

Is it up to code if I install a self-closing fire-rated door between two apartment units? Currently the separation is 5/8 drywall fire separation. Door would remain locked at all times, and would be installed according to OBC's fire separation requirements (Section 3.1.8.5 I believe.)...
  12. Footman_75

Shutoff behind wall?

Any problems with installing soldered shutoffs behind a wall? Am moving lots of plumbing upstairs with a tenant living in basement, and this would be the least disruptive course of action. Thanks
  13. Footman_75

ONTARIO 1 1/2" shower drain??

Renovating master bath on 2nd floor. Just ripped up a floor only to discover that the original shower drain is 1 1/2". House was built 1987. Question: Can I proceed to install shower with 1 1/2" drain? I always thought showers required 2" drains. Thoughts? Edit: Turns out OBC 1992...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks