Search results

1. JHZR2

1970s(?) Kohler/Bradley/Cole Shower Control Leaks

My master bath was likely redone in the 70s, perhaps the early 80s. It has all Kohler labeled stuff, but the shower and sink controls are single knob Kohler/Bradley/Cole (I've seen it noted multiple ways) with a plastic valve that requires a flat rubber gasket. We were away for a long weekend...
  2. JHZR2

Flat vs pointed-top tapered threads

Im replacing the shower arm that was ca. 1975 when the bathroom was redone with all USA-made Kohler stuff. The shower arm is just too low and Im too tall, plus our shower head sprung a leak. (Im putting this in the general forum because Im primarily curious about threads and sealing, not the...
  3. JHZR2

At wit's end regarding icemaker and dishwasher lines

Subject about says it all. Doing kitchen renovation, put in undersink valves for icemaker (on cold) and dishwasher (on hot). Then I read about not using PE for the icemaker. Of course that's what I bought. Then I read about those floodsafe hoses cracking and leaking at the connection, which...
  4. JHZR2

Wye Setup for Laundry Sink and Possible Standpipe - Renewing 90 YO CI Plumbing

This is a continuation of the thread here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?53033-90-yo-cast-iron-sewer-pipe-in-basement-leaking Where Im replacing my CI drain because of cracking. I need to figure out the fittings to set it up correctly, and I thought that was deservant of a new...
  5. JHZR2

Charlotte Pipe TruFit System - important?

Bought a bunch of 4" sch 40 PVC at Lowes to tie in to some bad CI pipe. It was all Charlotte brand. In more than one place it says to not mix with other brands, because Charlotte uses the same tolerances of everything, while other manufacturers (may not?) don't. Thing is, I found a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks