Search results

1. 240sxguy

Will use of an AAV on a shower arm allow more drop than the inside diameter of the pipe?

I have a situation where one bathroom is right above the other and the Ptrap for the upstairs shower hangs down really far into the lower bathroom. I want to move that Ptrap up and tight to the floor. Unfortunately this will create a drop roughly 3x the pipe ID and could cause trap siphoning. My...
  2. 240sxguy

What's the max permissible distance for shower drain to main drain/vent stack?

I have been reading a lot of posts on this and would like confirmation as I have my basement ceiling open working on my lower level bathroom and realized that they put an AIV onto the upstairs shower. The distance from the shower to the main stack is maybe 3'. Would this require an AIV? The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks