Search results

1. 240sxguy

Will use of an AAV on a shower arm allow more drop than the inside diameter of the pipe?

Thanks Terry, that diagram helps. Wayne - yes it's currently hidden (by the previous owner) and I will move it so it is accessible by a trap door. There's also adequate ventilation for it too. I did talk to a local guy who is a plumber briefly and he said AAVs are okay in Wi. I appreciate the...
  2. 240sxguy

Will use of an AAV on a shower arm allow more drop than the inside diameter of the pipe?

I have a situation where one bathroom is right above the other and the Ptrap for the upstairs shower hangs down really far into the lower bathroom. I want to move that Ptrap up and tight to the floor. Unfortunately this will create a drop roughly 3x the pipe ID and could cause trap siphoning. My...
  3. 240sxguy

What's the max permissible distance for shower drain to main drain/vent stack?

Of course they do. lol. typical. The shower drain joins right where the WC joins. I will attach a photo but this could definitely be why. I'm tempted to have this portion of the stack replaced as I just don't care for how all this is done compared to what's right now. The toilet is also in a...
  4. 240sxguy

What's the max permissible distance for shower drain to main drain/vent stack?

I have been reading a lot of posts on this and would like confirmation as I have my basement ceiling open working on my lower level bathroom and realized that they put an AIV onto the upstairs shower. The distance from the shower to the main stack is maybe 3'. Would this require an AIV? The...
  5. 240sxguy

14" Rough-In Toilet Choices

Thanks Terry! Still great information though.
  6. 240sxguy

14" Rough-In Toilet Choices

I know this is a really old post, but I found this toilet after following many links. I presume the Unifit is still the best way to end up with a toilet that doesn't stick out into the room any further than it needs to on a 14" rough in?
  7. 240sxguy

routine maintenance, is cleaning of softener resin advisable?

Ahh, I read that several times and just wanted to make sure. Thanks Gary.
  8. 240sxguy

Thanks Gary, I know that the cleanout of IRB is only of temporary help. It's not really a problem honestly except for the softener. Pardon my ignorance but I just wanted to clarify; My softener is empty right now (no salt) should I add salt then do the bleach? Or should I do the bleach thing...
  9. 240sxguy

Well, I figured killing the bacteria would be the place to start. Maybe not. I was told by the water softener people that the iron bacteria is actually what fouls up the works. However, they may have been wrong or maybe I misunderstood. Thanks
  10. 240sxguy

Wow, this site is awesome! I am going to post in here because this is exactly what I would like to do. I am on a well with a fleck softener that just plain isn't softening. It goes through all cycles and I put a new resin bed in about 4 years ago. We have Iron Bacteria for sure. I thought I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks