Search results

1. dayexday

how much does copper tubing used my plumber to replace shower body cost?

when plumber replaced shower body, he maybe cut a foot and a half of copper tubing and used some pre-assembled curved copper tubing to connect the new shower valve to the old pipes. He didn't really use any other material (other than caulk etc). He charged me 50 dollars for "materials". I'm...
  2. dayexday

replacing shower body--what does "supply building with main shutoff valve" mean?

This might be a dumb question. So as written above I'm replacing my shower body and the building sent me an email that when i replace the shower body I need to "supply the building with a main shutoff valves for your bathroom". What does this mean? I thought the valve goes inside the wall. I...
  3. dayexday

going from two handle shower body to one handle-- using converter plate

First, thanks for all the help you guys have given with other questions I've had. I really appreciate it. I currently have a 2 handle system and am converting to a 1 handle. I want to avoid tile work afterwards so I am going to buy this converter plate: My two handles are 11 inches apart and...
  4. dayexday

How long after water is shut off can plumbing work be done?

I live on the 11th floor of a building and need the building to shut off water so a plumber can replace my shower valve. The plumber is being paid by the hour. How long after the building shuts off the water can the work commence? He says he has to wait at least an hour after the water is shut...
  5. dayexday

rust under bathroom sink handle

it's only under the hot water handle and not the cold water handle. I removed the handle to have a look and here it is under the hot water: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29161142@N02/7951373004/in/photostream and here it is under the cold water looking how it's supposed to...
  6. dayexday

shower water temperature fluctuation problem

hello, i'm having a problem with my water temperature when I shower. Whenever I turn the shower on, even at a low pressure, the water temperature will go from from hot to cold to hot without reason. it seems to be related to the water pressure b/c when it gets colder, the water pressure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks