Search results

1. PumpDr

Well pump stuck 1" poly, not doing a thing, yet pump checks out okay??

Pump was a 2 wire Grundfos 7gpm 1/2hp.. I was able to drop the new 3" grundfos down 80' on 1" pvc. We hit a wire guide at about 60' but were able to break it. A good friend of mine has a camera, but I don't want to be responsible if I lose it. Ive lose too many probes in wells already with...
  2. PumpDr

Well pump stuck 1" poly, not doing a thing, yet pump checks out okay??

Very weird problem I just encountered with a customer.. About 6mo or so ago he called us, typical no water, so we pulled the pump, gave him new pump and new wire, I believe it was about 150' on 1" poly. The static level is very high, only about 6' or so, just about 2' from the pitless. Anyway...
  3. PumpDr

Static Level

Seems to be holding its own.. I'd still be careful in drought like conditions.
  4. PumpDr

New Whole house filtration

Again I would agree on the RO unit and a whole house dirt & rust filter.
  5. PumpDr

Shoot or Frack low flowing well?

I would suggest getting the well bailed out.
  6. PumpDr

Broken pipe in drilled well

Yeah you met a good guy it seems. I'm gonna assume that the pump was hung on galvanized steel pipe and they really are a disaster waiting to happen. I don't want to say its common to lose a pump, but it happens. In fact, we lost a 600'+ well pump hung on 1 1/4" gal last week. There isn't much...
  7. PumpDr

No water pressure

my point being, I don't understand how a 3 wire pump would handle a sandy well any better than a 2 wire? Sorry to hijack the thread.
  8. PumpDr

No water pressure

Valveman - it was to my understanding that all motors turn at the same RPM weather its 1/2hp or a 1hp. wouldn't the water end or the impellers be more efficient in handling sandy wells? Sand wells are not my specialty. We don't have too many of them around my neck of the woods. Rust is our issue.
  9. PumpDr

I'm sorry, I meant $20.00 a ft. My company doesn't have a drilling rig, but a buddy of mine has an older one.. the guy must me 70yrs old, still drilling well's. But yeah, he charges around $20 a ft. - Joe Pump Doctor LLC ________________________________ NJ Well Pump Service & Repair
  10. PumpDr

I don't understand.. why drill a new well? That will cost thousands. Esp at 400'. Its usually $2 or so a ft + labor. And I don't know what you mean about the last pump guy losing his paitence after 12' and using the hydraulics. I would never attempt to pull a 400' by hand, even with a high...
  11. PumpDr

Dirty well water

You should always be careful about overdrawing your well. Use your water sparingly for the next day or so. Eventually it will clear up and the sediment will settle back down to the bottom. You should look into getting yourself a dirt & rust filter. They save big headaches!! - Joe...
  12. PumpDr

Save yourself the headache and risk of losing everything and call in a professional. 400' well is no joke and is a lot to do by yourself without the proper equipment. If I understand what you said correctly, then you will need somebody with a derrick truck to fish out the well line. Best of...
  13. PumpDr

No water pressure

Yes, forget the 3 wire pump. I dont know why some pump guys continue to use them. If its less than 2hp then always get a 2 wire pump. Its common to find a pump that has "spun" or disconnected itself. Especially something like what you have, a 1hp pump. Its a pretty big animal and it when it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks