Search results

1. timcanton

Adding shower to half bath in basement

The toilet has a floor drain. I can tie into that if I bust into the concrete?
  2. timcanton

Adding shower to half bath in basement

Hi All, I have a half bath in my basement and I want to add a shower. Is my only only option for the drain to bust into the concrete and tie into the drain line off the toilet? Can I tap into the existing vent for the shower?
  3. timcanton

Plumbing sink with no overflow. Please help

That's what I thought. I guess my question is how does that rubber washer stop water from trickling down the threads of the pipe Does the rubber washer seal that tight against the threads? Washer was tight against the bottom of the sink is not leaking there just down the threadd below The...
  4. timcanton

They don't seem too readily available at big box stores( I live quite rurally so that's all that's close). Without being plastic which is whole other issue. I can order one if that's the solution . It just seems like a sink with overflow would leak the same way no?
  5. timcanton

I thought of that but will that really stop it? It slip out the over flow holes and sits on the rubber washer. If I seal the nut doesn't just leak above the nut somewhere? The water is draining down the threads past the rubber washer. Thanks!!
  6. timcanton

Right but my sink has no overflow so the holes just let water out to sit on the rubber washer
  7. timcanton

Hey yall, I bought and installed a cultured marble vanity sink but it has no overflow on the sink. When I install the pop up assembly it leaks very slowly down the threads under the big rubber washer because water gets out of the overflow holes. What's the correct answer for this? Do I...
  8. timcanton

Unvented sink smells a little??

No trap installed its just straight shot. I assume to hide plumbing behind the pedistal sink. Its not the water because the problem is stopped by closing the sink stopper
  9. timcanton

HJ, Because I can see the drain going into the wall and it just connects to pvc drain line not the old vent piping. Its straight shot down into the drain as I mentioned. I dont have any solutions thats why I was asking if my ideas would work. Im not a plumber. What will work? For all I...
  10. timcanton

Water/sediment leaking from well head vent pipe.

Ok thank y'all. I called the local well guy and talked to him. I live on a downside of a slope and close to a small creek. He said its fine and about 1% of wells around here will be "artesian" wells due to high water levels. It runs constantly and is not causing the pump to kick on at...
  11. timcanton

I cant really show you too much. The sink drain goes into the wall directly behind the sink with no trap just a straight shot. The reason I know its been disconnected is there is a recessed cabinet above the sink that takes up the wall cavity. I can show the basement scenario but there isnt...
  12. timcanton

he all, I recently bought a house and at some point the bathroom was remodeled and the sink was not tied back into the vent pipe. so ocassionally it smells at that sink. We just pull the stopper but is there a solution to this? I can access all the plumbing in basement but it was originally...
  13. timcanton

Water/sediment leaking from well head vent pipe.

Hey All, I noticed some water around my well head and after loking at it better there is a constant flow of water coming from what seems to be a vent pipe. It obviously has been happening awhile and there is a build up of sediment just under the vent pipe. I am assuming I am correct in it...
  14. timcanton

Irrigation from well questions

So the pump is cycling due to few GPM? Will the Tee potentially solve cycling issue by itself? Is there somewhere I can read about the output curves etc? might help me grasp it better. Thanks
  15. timcanton

So you say a simple pre filter T solves it??? with new filter it puts out about 4.5 per minute through open hose, but about less than half that when the filters dirty........What about cycling and the fact that filter is clogging in 2 hours?
  16. timcanton

But the pump does cycle on and off and as I said using anything else with the sprinkler destroys pressure so is it not using all the water????
  17. timcanton

ok confused now. if one sprinkler is using all the water why does the pump cycle?? Today replaced filter, ran 2 sprinklers for less than 2 hrs and the filter is filthy and slowed pressure outside?
  18. timcanton

more sprinklers?? like run 2 lines at once? I would not have thought that since pressure is noticeably reduced at the sprinkler if for instance the toilet is flushed or the sink turned on.....SO the issue is not pulling enough water though? If i google cycle stop valve will i find the...
  19. timcanton

Its just a bsic whole house filter system that was on it when I bought the house. the filters always have this almost mud/clay color to them when i change them.
  20. timcanton

The pump does cycle on and off (i assume you mean the pump you can hear at the well?) is that not good? I am new to well water systems
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks