Search results

1. Timbuktu

What pump choices for a 400 ft well,residential use only

Woops I forgot to say I had it replaced with the smaller pump shortly after and its been in 4 yrs. The well man though it would be best for my 400 ft well 250 static line and production of .4 to .6 gpm....all pumped into a 2200 gal tank. How much longer....we'll see I wasnt going to argue with...
  2. Timbuktu

Need ideas on unclogging between tub and main septic line.

Ive since modified the cap by drilling and tapping a beveled hole so my air nozzle would be flush and air tight...sort of... with enough pressure applied. Crank up my 5 hp air compressor and see if it works. I may try it toorrow after I plug the roof vent with a potato.
  3. Timbuktu

MURATIC acid.Can it be used effectively to unclog plumbing

Ok now back to muratic acid . Its HCL Hydrochloric acid 14% .I googled muratic on this sites past posts and it has several entries. Ill read up on those .
  4. Timbuktu

Admin contact link

Where is the admin contact link ? Im sure its in plain sight,but I just havent been able to find it.
  5. Timbuktu

MURATIC acid.Can it be used effectively to unclog plumbing

My sink's waste water plumbing travels 8ft under the cabin's concrete.it is cloggged and takes several hours to drain on its own. Ive not been able to effectively snake it as I reach an obstruction. Its highly doubtful anything other than hair and soap are the culprits as no one uses the sink...
  6. Timbuktu

I think my well pump has broken suction...

My pump has always discharged water into the reservoir tank as soon as the pump is triggered on . I noticed that it takes 2 to 4 minutes now for that same process. I assume the water now has to be pumped up from its static line each and everytime the pump starts up. It has been operating this...
  7. Timbuktu

Drain Cleaning Tips!

Add plastic screen into your kitchen sink strainer. It will trap virtually everything. The holes in basket strainers are too large and the fit of the basked varies in tolerances which allows more stuff to bypass.Of course this is probably unecessary if you are on community septic and water ...
  8. Timbuktu

Drain Cleaning Tips!

9. Timbuktu

I useda pipe cap and that solved the pb. I was mistaken,there were threads on the pipe so the cap screwed right on. The cap made it a closed system and all it took was bout 5 pumps with the plunger and it cleared the drain.
  10. Timbuktu

im trying to unstop the plumbing between my tub drain and the main septic line.( 2ft distance and under a slab) ive disassembled the tub vent assy and removed an 8 inch section of its downpipe (it runs from tub vent to tub drain loc) as a start. I ran a 1/4 inch rod down 2ft which stopped (...
  11. Timbuktu

Water Heater slow leak from bottom

R&R ,ok. Floor is saltillo tile over concrete so i cant imagine an issue unless water gets through grout and undermines the adhesives used under the tiles?? is that likely? The towelss work fine and floor doesnt get wet.
  12. Timbuktu

Water Heater slow leak from bottom

I have a 23 +yo Briggs 42g unit for my cabin which has been in cont' use since at least since 1992. That date was the last time it was inspected by the previous owner,so it could be older. Without pics, I will set the scene best i can in case thats useful:The unit is in the bathroom corner...
  13. Timbuktu

replaced my wells pump ,Franklin control and Pumptec boxes yesterday. pics incl.

Thats cheap for running a pump 24 hours a day, Are you running a pump irrigating crops to run it continuous like that? My electric rates are as follows: My winter rates still apply,(and its 95 to 105 degrees) The first 664 kwh are .13 cents per kwh (aka 13. cents) the next 200 kwh are .16...
  14. Timbuktu

replaced my wells pump ,Franklin control and Pumptec boxes yesterday. pics incl.

calculating the energy use differences in 1.5 and 0.5 hp sub pump I just noticed in my RV's generator booklet it states the generac will: 1-run a 1.5 HP sub at 2800watts(per hr i assume)= 47 watts perminute wpm x 16 min= 752 w used in 16 min 2-run a 1/2 hp sub at 1500 wph...
  15. Timbuktu

This single unit replaced the pumptec and the Franklin control box. other recommendations have been made by members,but this is all they had or would sell and in an emergency type job completion. here are some pics of the aparattus. Now I see the issue with choosing the 1/2 hp 230 volt motor...
  16. Timbuktu

pumptec problem

I thought Id take a couple snapshots of my water suckin life suckin project I got myself into 7 years ago! Id limit it to a couple next time. Ive got 12 cottonwoods and they are desert thirsty from march or April to october.I start watering in march and it peaks at about 50+ gal per day per...
  17. Timbuktu

pumptec problem

Should I start a new thread? ive now discussed, to my satisfaction, the thread" Pumptec problem "and the other" $10 control box". Now that I have a new pump and control box I want to discuss , i can see it two options. 1-This should be a whole new topic (that's how I see it) 2- Continue on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks