Search results

1. TM

Need Advice On How To Get The Leathers To Seal In A New 2" Driven Well

I hooked a water tank to the priming port after trying to prime it maually several times. I thought the tank would help eliminate air but it appeared that the case was pulling so much air that it would not even pull the prime water from the tank...
  2. TM

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I believe I will pull the case and begin again with better materials!
  3. TM

Wellman, are you suggesting that procedure to further develop the well or as a means to get water out of it? The well guy that I had out was able to use a large compressor to blow water out of the well at a rate he believd was 3 gallons a minute. I just can't seem to pump it out with the...
  4. TM

Thanks for the response. I'm afraid I cannot furnish much of the information you are seeking at this time. I do not know the jet size or manufacture. I bought it from our local pump supply and service center and did not realize it needed to be sized until I just read more info on the site...
  5. TM

I put the packer in at 15 feet today and dropped the foot valve in 20 feet lower at 35 feet . This made it an additional 15 feet to the water level with 8 feet of water in the pipe (including the sandpoint). The leathers sealed almost immediately. I hooked up the pump to a generator and filled...
  6. TM

I will give it a try tomorrow morning and see what happens!
  7. TM

Don't the leathers have to be in the waterline to function? If not, I would certainly be up for givung it a try....
  8. TM

I put one final set of leathers on this afternoon and adjusted the suction lline up about another foot. The well did not seal and I began to raise it and check it at 5 foot increments. The pipe finally sealed above the waterline at about fifteen feet. This was just above my second casing...
  9. TM

I have 36' feet of new case plus the 36" inch sandpoint on the end. I placed the suction line with 35 feet of pipe and the packer jet which should place the seals so that they are still 5 inches into the case (note that the sandpoint has about 6 inches of solid pipe before it transitions to the...
  10. TM

Thanks for the info. I did try to pressure the well as you suggested earlier and I could fill it but the water dropped immediately when I stopped. The curious thing that I just noticed upon pulling the packer this last time is that I can seem to seal the pipe when it is out of the waterline...
  11. TM

Thanks for the info. I have been looking on the net for the part but haven't found it yet...
  12. TM

Thanks so much for taking the time. I also found some domestic pipe yesterday just to see if there was a difference. it measures (as you said earlier in a post) just a hair over the 2 inch mark. My installed pipe is at least 1/16" inch larger. I pulled the packer and suction pipe today...
  13. TM

Good question. They are installed with the cups open to the well top. (beveled edge pointing up) I bought one more set today for a final try tomorrow. I carefully measured the pipe today and the inside diameter is 2 & 1/8th inches. While the new cups are dry, they rattle around very loosely...
  14. TM

I attempted to fill the case again with water under pressure as was suggested earlier by one of the members -- I was able to fill the pipes but they drained as soon as I stopped. Does anyone know if it would be ppossible to shim out the leathers on the packer body with some type of large nylon...
  15. TM

Can you advise me how you tighten it after it is installed??? Thanks
  16. TM

Thanks -- The leathers are the "cup" variety. So far everything I have been able to find shows me the factory made leathers jump from 2" to 2 1/4". Im doubtful the pipe could handle the 2 1/4" without tearing them during the install. I'm not sure if the cup could be custom formed or not...
  17. TM

I'm not sure what is available on the market, but I will begin checking. We have very limited local availability but perhaps there is something on the net. By the way, my well is situated over an aquifer, although I'm not certain if I am fully into it. I would assume that might help in its...
  18. TM

Unfortunately I do not have another water source at the site and have only been able to fill it from a tank by gravity. I am open to any suggestions...
  19. TM

I carefully measured where I should be a foot above the screen. I did raise it several more feet later to ensure that it wasn't in the screen. Today I measured the inside diameter of the 2 " pipe just as a desperation measure. The pipe is Chinese manufacture. It appears to be roughly 2 &...
  20. TM

Valveman, Thanks for the quick reply--it is appreciated! I did try to raise it a foot or two and did not have any better result. Any idea why the leathers would not want to seat against the new galvanized pipe. I bought two different sets with similar results.... Concerning the 8' in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks