Search results

1. Pb3000

Extreme salty and high nitrates after regen

Hi, it would be great to get some expert opinion. I have a 180 foot 8 inch casing well with a Gould submersible pump. I recently installed my water filter and softener and have some issues. The first filter after the pressure tank is a 1.5 CF multimedia filter and water softener using KCL...
  2. Pb3000

two pump switches?

When my pressure tank hits 60 psi, my pump shuts off. When the pressure drops down to 40 psi, as expected the pump kicks back on. I assume that there is a Pressure switch somewhere that does this. During the summer I am concerned about the well yield decreasing or else a sprinkler...
  3. Pb3000

IE filter for Arsenic and Nitrates

PS, I heard from the guy who is providing my media via Resintech that my 11 mg/l of Nitrate should be reduced to <1 mg/l, and my Arsenic should go from .006 mg/l (6 mcg/l) down to <.002 mg/l (<2 mcg/l) I am happy with those numbers, but I will have to test it again at a couple points during the...
  4. Pb3000

thanks for the reply. I think I might have confused things because I didn't specify the units. My arsenic level is .006 mg/l or 6 mcg/l. The MCL from my reference lab is .010 mg/l or 10 mcg/l. So I am not yet at the level, but higher than I am comfortable with. thanks again. Peter
  5. Pb3000

IX filter for Arsenic and Nitrates Hi All: I have gained enough information in the last few weeks to result in my sending the unopened Aquasana whole house well filter back to the sender. I am going to use clack and fiberglass tanks, with a water softener, followed by an Ion Exchange resin...
  6. Pb3000

Filtered Well Water Overall Drinkability?

If I wanted to do it myself, what are the most reputable, "industrial strength" brands? I imagine I would need a prefilter, main filter (charcoal or KDM), and UV stage. For my 2500 sq ft place with 4 beds, 3 baths, 17 gpm from the well, what size filters would suit me? The only...
  7. Pb3000

Dittohead, Tom and Gary: Thank you so much for all of your insights. The nitrate filter is a disposable ion exchange that Aquasana will send me for an additional $700. The initial Sandmaster by Lakos filter is just to have a nonobstructing sediment filter that cleans up the water...
  8. Pb3000

Hi Everyone: We bought a house built in 1957 with a well, no septic tank, uses city sewer line. The well is 180 feet deep and puts out 17 gpm without problems. The water column is 80 feet down. *There is no city water hooked up. *I had the water tested and wanted to share the results and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks