Search results

1. Rudyjr

Alsons diverter question

I zoomed in on the instruction sheet that is in the listing and it says to use a wrench on the flats on the end of the valve and turn counter clockwise. I tried that and it really does not want to budge at all any suggestions? I would really hate to twist the whole thing in the wall.
  2. Rudyjr

Alsons diverter question

I have a bathroom that has a 1990's vintage whirlpool tub with a roman tub spout and hand held shower. The hot and cold valves are Moen and the diverter is a lever style Alsons 4930 transfer valve. The spout and shower are mounted in the deck of the tub and the valves are mounted in the tiled...
  3. Rudyjr

Accor Flow-Tite valve question

Good legal advice. Thanks
  4. Rudyjr

Accor Flow-Tite valve question

Recently I removed and reinstalled two toilets for my sister in her condo so that flooring could be laid. I found that her condo of eleven years was plumbed with cpvc and had the push pull Accor stops with the supply line permanently attached. One supply line now has a leak where it is connected...
  5. Rudyjr

Iron out question

Thanks for the help.
  6. Rudyjr

Iron out question

Thanks, any information on better ways to remove 2.5 ppm iron.
  7. Rudyjr

Iron out question

Thanks to some excellent help found on this forum we are now able to once again enjoy soft water. I have come to the conclusion as many of you suggested that my softener never really was set up correctly for my new well when we switched over. I am now operating with new resin and the settings...
  8. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Thanks hawk I appreciate the quick response I think your suggestion for a beverage is spot on, got called in to work last night before I could enjoy one! Thanks again, Jim
  9. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Thanks Hawk and Ditto. The reason I wanted the explanation is to verify what some have discussed, and I have kind of figured as well, my softener has been set up wrong since day one. The capacity on my softener and my next door neighbors, identical setup from same supplier were set at 64 for...
  10. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Tom, sorry you doubt the validity of this thread I am just trying to work my way through this problem. I really wish for everyone's sake you guys would take this somewhere other than here and resolve your issues. I do thank you and Gary for the help you have offered but please take it somewhere...
  11. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Hawk, Thanks for the help and talking me through the calculations that makes sense for me. At one time I had My wife two daughters and grand daughter here so I bet I was at least twice the gallons per day of most households! LOL I was really unclear on the capacity part of it but that makes...
  12. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

My old well is the one that produced rust colored water that was extremely hard and this softener was on it for the first three years of its eight years, the new well is five years old. Gary's "trick" I think at least showed me that my resin is fouled and that is why as stated earlier I ordered...
  13. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Thanks Gary, I am trying to make sure that I get this set up right this time. I am thinking that it has probably never been right since it was put in. I tried to do the calculations based on the link in your signature but I am unsure wether I have it right. Yes it is a 2.0 cu.ft softener I...
  14. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Hawk, The settings presently as set up by my well guys (5 years ago) are as follows: Hardness =30 Capacity =64 salt is set to approx. 9lbs. I think there is a salt doubling cam on this head when it gets to 64000 not sure though. What are your thoughts condidering what the Culligan lady gave me...
  15. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Hey guys please read the first line in post 47 about making sure my softener is SET UP correctly for my new well. The setting of 50 gpg was for my old well which is in post 31 as well. I am definitely not sure that the setting of 50 was sufficient for that one thats for sure. When I would fill...
  16. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Resin and other parts showed up today and I will try to go through this thing and make sure it is working and set up correctly for my new well. Sorry if anyone's feelings are hurt because I did not respond to your specific posts but I only get on the computer after I get home form work for...
  17. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Gary, Thanks again I did it again last night and the water is better today than it has been for weeks. I am still going to pull this thing out and go through it when the resin and other parts arrive. As I have said many times before the old well was producing water that was really bad toward the...
  18. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Also thanks to everyone else who offered some advice on how to proceed without trying to make this seem more complex than it actually is. This site could be a real help to many that have limited experience dealing with this issue, but the childish personal attacks and other remarks make it more...
  19. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Gary, Thanks for all of your help I think you understood what I was asking for from the start. I came here looking for some direction to take with troubleshooting this and everything you said has made sense. I have a fairly good mechanical background and have wrenched and built things my whole...
  20. Rudyjr

Autotrol 460i problem

Presently there are four people but there was five members in the household. This unit has performed flawlessly for the last eight years so I don't believe there is anything with the settings that need looked at. I have watched this thing go through all five steps repeatedly and don't believe it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks