Search results

1. jocar

New water line

None of those adapters would work in my application unless I went to a threaded adapter.
  2. jocar

New water line

OK I'll go to 1" PEX for the main line but all my lines inside are 1/2" copper so same question.
  3. jocar

New water line

I am going to replace my half inch water service with 3/4 " PEX, how do I transition from the PEX to 1/2"copper once inside the house. I do not want to use a Sharkbite, I want it to be permanent so I can close up the wall.
  4. jocar

water line connection

we do not have water meters here we pay a flat yearly amount for water. The 3/4 in. pex line is going from the house all the way to the curb stop which has a 1/2 in female npt.so it is that fitting I was asking about.
  5. jocar

water line connection

where does your water come from and can you drink it straight out of the tap, when I was in L.A. I saw a lot of people buying bottled water. I would rather have a water meter and pay for what I use but smaller homes with less people are subsidising monster homes with 4 bathrooms and8 people like...
  6. jocar

water line connection

I do have a pressure reducing valve and I live in GREEN British Columbia, Canada and my flat rate water charge this year was 512.00. Now back to the adapter, can I get one with a 1/2 in. male thread x 3/4 in. female thread as I am assuming that is what I need. Do you have a pic you could post.
  7. jocar

water line connection

thanks for your reply dj2, I don't have a water meter, we pay a flat yearly rate. My house was built in 1946 and is only a 1000 sq. ft. with a full basement. The curb stop has a 1/2 in. female iron pipe thread so I am assuming that the adapter would need a 1/2 in. male thread by a 3/4 in. female...
  8. jocar

water line connection

I had a leak in my main waterline between my house and the street,when I dug it up it was 1/2 inch copper that was split in 3 different places.I replaced the line with 3/4 inch pex,but do not know how to hook it up to the 1/2 in. curb stop temporarily because the city won't be out until next...
  9. jocar

black iron union for gas

when reassembling a union on a gas water heater, is it wise to use a pipe dope or oil on the two mating surfaces of the union.
  10. jocar

no drip leg on water heater

my brother recently had a new gas water heater installed by a well known plumbing company. when I looked at the install I noticed the guy installed the tank with a s/s flex line fastened to the vertical black iron pipe just under the union with no drip leg like it was previously plumbed. is it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks