Search results

1. Skoby

Electric Water Heater Install - Shut Down Boiler Indirect During Summer

My friend has solar panels and wants to install an electric water heater so he doesn't have to run his boiler during the summer. He has a propane furnace and an indirect water heater for hot water and baseboard heating. He feels like he's wasting money on propane when his electricity is "free"...
  2. Skoby

"Dirt" Mud Clogging Water Filters - Well Inspection Questions

I recently started a thread on back wash filters because I am tired of changing cartridges on house filters. I read in another thread that dirt/mud in the water could be a cracked well casing. The well is appr. 400 ft, looks like a 6" steel casing, house built in the 70's and I'm assuming well...
  3. Skoby

Large House Filtration Sediment Systems - Do they work well?

I put this post in the water softener forum because the bigger companies sell the sediment filtration systems also. I have a lot of sediment in my water. I have to clear my sediment spin down filter almost daily. (I may need a new well dug but don't have the money for that now). There are some...
  4. Skoby

Hot Water Trickles out Shower

The hot water coming out of my mixing valve is barely coming out. The sink in the bathroom (same supply lines) is working fine and I measured by filling to buckets. Are the adjustment screws on the sides of the mixing valve there to allow more water through? I find it hard to believe my pipes...
  5. Skoby

Question Moving Kitchen Drain/Vent Lines

:oops:Disregard this post. I'm an idiot, there's plenty of room to mount my electrical box horizontally under the vent pipe. :oops: I posted this picture earlier but had one more question. I am putting in an 80" window. If I make my horizontal vent pipe 6" above the flood rim it will not...
  6. Skoby

Can Someone Explain this Extra Sink Drain

The drain on the left was used for my kitchen sink. The drain to the right was capped off when I moved in. I'm not sure why the drain to the right is there. I was going to cap it off in the wall. I'm assuming the pipe coming up from the floor is a vent for downstairs plumbing so I should...
  7. Skoby

Ok to run old supply lines behind new kitchen cabinets?

I'm moving my sink over a couple of feet for new cabinets. The supply existing lines would now be coming up through the floor and into where my dishwasher will be. Can I just put an elbow in and run the lines behind the cabinets or under the cabinets? It would be easier to just notch the back...
  8. Skoby

Critique my Washer Drain plan

2" drain with a 1 1/2" vent Is a sanitary tee what I need to connect the drain and vent? I think everything else is ok. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you
  9. Skoby

Receptacle distance from cooking range?

I am remodeling my kitchen. I notice that one of the existing receptacle outlets is close to the cooking range. I'm going to move it as it's too close but wondered if there was a certain distance I needed to be away from it. Also, while I'm asking. I am moving my refrigerator service. Is...
  10. Skoby

Questions on old wiring stapled to bottom of joists

I pulled down existing sheet rock to add a 15 amp and (2) 20 amp wiring and found the existing wiring was stapled to the bottom of the joists. It looks like some type of raceway but I haven't found any information online if this was past practice or not. Is this the way some people used to...
  11. Skoby

Separate lines and breakers for one receptacle??????

My kitchen outlets have a separate breaker for the tops and bottoms of each receptacle. I have no idea why someone would wire it this way. Has anyone heard of this? If so, can you tell me the reason? Thanks
  12. Skoby

Connecting the "Fan "Only" on Thermostat

Right now I only have two wires coming from the control board on my furnace to the thermostat in the living room. "R" and "W". I want to be able to run fan only. Do I only need to connect a wire from "G" on furnace control board to "G" on back of thermostat? Also, whoever hooked it may...
  13. Skoby

Drain and faucet position for walk-in shower

I am in the process of rehabbing a small, full bath. The existing tub enclosure has the faucet and drain on the left side as you are facing it. I thought about pulling out the tub, pouring a shower pan, tiling it, and making it a walk-in shower but I would have to enter from the left. This made...
  14. Skoby

Tell me what I have and if it's working correctly - Vids included

Hey guys, I'm new to owning/living on property with a private well so I'm not entirely sure if the pressure is adequate or not. The pressure is very low at the washer. I included some videos to give an idea of what I have and would like to know more info on what I have. The kitchen seems a bit...
  15. Skoby

Low Water Pressure Throughout - Private Well - Diagnose or Things to Check

Hey guys, I am in the process of purchasing a house. On inspection we noticed low water pressure throughout the house. At that time I had no understanding of wells, pressure tanks, or anything of that matter. House was built in 1976 and is original water tank (as far as owner knows). When...
  16. Skoby

Washer Dryer Hook Up Moving to Upstairs

First I want to thank everyone here for giving their time to help others. My plumbing skills are limited but I have put in a water heater, a few sinks, toilets, and garbage disposal. This seems fairly simple but I want to make sure I'm ok with this set up. I want to move my washer/dryer hookup...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks