Search results

1. Skoby

Electric Water Heater Install - Shut Down Boiler Indirect During Summer

I assumed this to be true but was unable to find a simple answer through web search. Thank you for the response
  2. Skoby

Electric Water Heater Install - Shut Down Boiler Indirect During Summer

My friend has solar panels and wants to install an electric water heater so he doesn't have to run his boiler during the summer. He has a propane furnace and an indirect water heater for hot water and baseboard heating. He feels like he's wasting money on propane when his electricity is "free"...
  3. Skoby

Large House Filtration Sediment Systems - Do they work well?

Ok.....I'm going to sleep. I'm going to try finding a copy my well report in the morning. Once I have that I can start talking with some drillers. thanks everyone
  4. Skoby

That's what I'm hoping. I'd really like to have the well cleaned out and then maybe I won't have to clear my 20 micron spin down filter every day. It gets clogged up with the organic material. I see pitless shoe adapters are threaded on top. How come this one doesn't have threads? (It's covered...
  5. Skoby

I pulled it out by hand, the spider webs kept it together.......it looks like there's a bunch floating on the top of the water too. Also came across small animal hairs..... There's a bunch of crap in my well.
  6. Skoby

Mostly grass with spider webs and spider eggs.....
  7. Skoby

"Dirt" Mud Clogging Water Filters - Well Inspection Questions

I pulled the well cap. and that pile of grass clippings was sitting there along with spider eggs, small animal hair, etc. I can see the water level about 10' down and it looks like stuff is floating there too. I wonder if there is a way to clean the well. I see there is air lift cleaning but...
  8. Skoby

The little hairs burned, I tried that earlier. The other brown stuff turns to a brown powder if I rub it between my fingers. It's very fine which is why I called it silt but it could be clay also. Hard to tell. If there's nothing noticeable under the well cap I bring the soil to the Geology...
  9. Skoby

Edit: More likely top soil than organic soil. From the research I did today what I'm finding in my water looks to be "organic soil" also known as "humus silt" or laymen term "topsoil". Topsoil is only appr 12" deep so it's strange that it's getting, or has gotten into, my well. It doesn't...
  10. Skoby

"Tom, we sleeve wells with 4" sch 40 pvc all the time here in western Ct, the 4" inside diameter leaves just enough room for a standard 4" pump (actual size is 3 7/8) to fit inside. What I have done is to run my down hole camera into the well to determine where the water is coming in, could be...
  11. Skoby

It's becoming more obvious to me that there's organic material in there. The "dirt" has all kinds of little "hairs" that look like tiny grass roots throughout. I never noticed this until last night when I dried it out. The sediment is pretty obvious. I don't know if the county has a well...
  12. Skoby

Yeah, I thought you misunderstood what I was getting at. I am getting to the point if drilling a new well would solve my mud issue I'd consider it. There may be other options such as PVC liner or something that I'm unaware too. Right now I just want to know if I have a more permanent option...
  13. Skoby

"Dirt" Mud Clogging Water Filters - Well Inspection Questions

I recently started a thread on back wash filters because I am tired of changing cartridges on house filters. I read in another thread that dirt/mud in the water could be a cracked well casing. The well is appr. 400 ft, looks like a 6" steel casing, house built in the 70's and I'm assuming well...
  14. Skoby

I'm going to move this to the "well" subforum as I'm going to call the driller Monday to see if they can inspect my well. I have a few questions so I'll ask there. Thank you
  15. Skoby

Ok, I have much better information now. I think I've been trying to tackle my cartridge filter replacement issue by putting a very fine spin down filter (20 micron) before it. This has led to daily purging of the spin down filter (PIA). The real issue seems to be the lighter sediment as shown in...
  16. Skoby

Disregard: Found the video "5600 Softener Convert to Backwash Only Valve" online " . I see a barely used one for sale nearby. It's a Fleck 5600 and it looks like it has the brine valve on it. If I'm only using this for sediment etc could I just need to block off or remove the brine valve and...
  17. Skoby

Alright, pretty sure I'll need both. I'll research more on backwash sediment filters and will continue using my spin down filter until I upgrade to the Lakos. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks