Search results

1. kellyb

drywall and insulation codes requirements

so we have passed our rough plumbing (thanks to you guys), and framing inspections. The electrical is this afternoon. Next is insulation and drywall. Can anybody give me an idea what the insectors will be looking for with this? Finding info about plumbing wasnt too hard--you guys and a good...
  2. kellyb

laundry DWV question. Please help

Hi I am putting in a new laundry drain. I have enclosed a couple pics--it is all just dry fitted. 2 questions. first, I know that if I put a vent at A it will be right, but can I put it at B, or can it just be "wet-vented"--left as is? It is all 2 inch. (We are IPC here) Second, I am...
  3. kellyb

Clamp or screw.

We are preparing to tie into an existing cast iron 2 in stack with a new laundry drain. there used to be a laundry sink draining into it via an ABS trap but this is poorly situated for what we are doing.the question is this. My understanding is the best way to tie into the cast iron is to cut...
  4. kellyb

does Drain order matter?

the plumber came yesterday to look at our basement bathroom remodel. Currently, the shower and lav join together and then into the 4 in drain.They are vented on an AAV on the lav. The toilet then joins the 4 in pipe immediatley downstream of the wye for the shower and lav. No more vents. We...
  5. kellyb

a surprise under the concrete

We are remodleing a basement bathroom that some previous owner installed. Breaking out the concrete patch in order to move pipes. This is about 3 feet below grade, and 10 feet in from the closest outside wall. The first surprise is that the soil is damp. Not wet, but damp. I kind of expected it...
  6. kellyb

venting in a basement bathroom

we are remodeling the basement in our 1923 bungalow, and currently, it is pretty much all ripped out. there has "always" been a 3/4 bath in the middle of the basment, and we are doing some work there. (this was someones past remodel, there is a rough floor patch over this area) I am currently...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks